Locking the car while it is running

speed6lukasz

:
2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed6
Anyone has any idea how to surpass the mazda system where if your car is running and you leave the car WITH the key in your pocket you can lock the car. I know when the car is running and you leave the car with the key and close the doors there will be 2-3 beeps telling you the key has left the car (i think)..........anyone know how to lock your car. If the car knows the KEY is not inside we should be able to lock it while its still running for quick gas station situaution (lol2)

??

p.s-sorry if this is in the wrong thread....i just figured it had to do with electronics and crap so thats y i put it here.

Last edited:
You can actually manually lock the drivers side door which will lock all of them with your key. Had to do this a couple times myself at gas stations. :p

Haha yeah no problem. Seems obvious enough right? I did it on accident... my old car didn't have power locks so I constantly had to lock it like that, and was walking away from the car without thinking and locked it. I turned around like... wait... wtf?!

thats how i do it with my turbo timer.. once the car shuts off and the drivers door is in the locked position it will lock all other doors.. FTW..

I think it is only in the GT MS6's, but they come equipped with keyless ignition. However, you cannot lock the car with the car still running unless you manually lock it, which bugs a lot of people with turbo timers.

i dont have to "manually" lock the doors when the car is on and im inside.
by manually i assume yall mean pushing the lock foward, which is 2 inches away from the lock switch, both work.

but you cant wirelessly lock the car when it is inside the car for a good reason and the car is on, OR when the car is on and the key is outside...
so that it becomes impossible to ever lock yourself out of the car without the key, 2 additional seconds to clik the lock shut from the inside shouldnt be a big issue. smart design i'd say.

i dont have to "manually" lock the doors when the car is on and im inside.
by manually i assume yall mean pushing the lock foward, which is 2 inches away from the lock switch, both work.

but you cant wirelessly lock the car when it is inside the car for a good reason and the car is on, OR when the car is on and the key is outside...
so that it becomes impossible to ever lock yourself out of the car without the key, 2 additional seconds to clik the lock shut from the inside shouldnt be a big issue. smart design i'd say.

No I mean use the key on the fob when you are outside the car to manually lock it. You know the good old put the key in the lock and turn it :p

I use the valet key since it's with my bunch of keys.
My FOB key's already loose enough to fall out on its own and it's held together by tape. lol

now i got it....it makes all the difference in the world!!!! i kind of feel like a blond after asking that question :) ......plus anyone with 3 gauges right above the radio.....how r u guys satisfied with the gauges for the amount of work u have to do to install them?

I love them. Most people who come in my car double take, because it looks so stock. They are pretty easy to see as well, but the install was ehh. Had to fab something up for the exhaust temp gauge.

now i got it....it makes all the difference in the world!!!! i kind of feel like a blond after asking that question :) ......plus anyone with 3 gauges right above the radio.....how r u guys satisfied with the gauges for the amount of work u have to do to install them?

im pretty satisfied.. but spend the cash for the CP-E 3 pod.. i know its alot but i regret having lotek and will be replacing mine with CP-E, works with the stock springs and door latch, clean look.. it really wasent that big of a pain.. all i did was the find 12 volt power wire that ran the stock headlights, tapped into that.. grounded them all near the ecu. and ran one power wire up to all of them and tied em all together properly. lights are on, gauges are on.. lights off gauges are off.. i keep my lights on all the time. easy if you have an issue with them, easy to switch out gauges if you ever decide to..

/ threadjack..

Last edited:
perfect thread...what happens if you leave with your key and some jack ass hops in a drives away? will the car automaticaly shut off after a little bit because theres no key inside? or will the jack ass make off like a bandit until I get the cops?

basically the ignition kill doesnt KILL the engine when the key isnt nearby.
just means once they turn off the car, it will NOT start back-up without the FOB nearby.

not too reassuring when all they need to do is drive it straight to the chop shop, or get a tow.
unless im in a 5% crime area, i never leave my car running. luckily my town is one of the safest in the nation... well it was in 2000. heh

Oh I see, so you live near irvine batou? :p

good guess, but no... Santa Clarita.
Irvine is on the same list however!!

then again, my honda accord was stolen right out of my UC irvine dorm parking lot.
which was 100 ft in front of the dorm lol

Back