Locked up rear brakes?

I have had some trouble with my rear brakes lately. I have been hearing a grinding noise from the rear for a few weeks (before I had a chance to look at them). I finally had some time and bought some cheap rear pads waiting on my KVR's to arrive (thanks RR-Racing), my rear pads on the drivers side were warn down to the metal and at least 2mm were gone from the inside surface of the rotor.

I decided that it would be best to go ahead and change pads on both sides just to be consistant, I bled then entire system (front and rear).

Now when I engage the parking brake it has no resistance and I can pull it all the way up. I checked to see if the parking brake is attached and it was connected in all locations but when my fiance pulled the e-brake up while I checked underneath the car the passenger side brake is seized up and will not move, therefore I have no parking brake right now becuase I am still waiting on rotors for the rear because of the driver side been fudged up.

Any thoughts? My first thought is to just go AutoZone and get a remani and swap them out.

Thanks

My rear passenger is shot as well. Wearing away at the metal. I'm picking new rotors for all 4 corners tomorrow, but until my greenstuff pads show up, I'm out of luck.

Did you have the rotors turned or replace them?

edit: I'm stupid as well as I should have read the entire post. All of your lines are still connected?

Last edited:
The ebrake is cable driven and should still work even if you have no brake pressure....

edit: im stupid and miss the part where you posted that you tested it. sounds like the caliper is **** then, i guess,eh?

Yeah I had my fiance step on the brakes hard to make sure I had no leaks. I also am waiting on KVR rear pads and I just received my set of SR cross drilled rotors.

Mad Hatter said:
My rear passenger is shot as well. Wearing away at the metal. I'm picking new rotors for all 4 corners tomorrow, but until my greenstuff pads show up, I'm out of luck.

Did you have the rotors turned or replace them?

edit: I'm stupid as well as I should have read the entire post. All of your lines are still connected?

Dexter said:
The ebrake is cable driven and should still work even if you have no brake pressure....

edit: im stupid and miss the part where you posted that you tested it. sounds like the caliper is **** then, i guess,eh?

Yeah kindof what I thought so I got a set of rear calipers and I am going to try one more time to get mine to work before I replace them.

Back