Location for switch install?

jtcx5

:
2014 CX-5 GT + Tech
Has anyone ever added a switch onto the console, under the dashboard or anywhere else in the CX-5? I am looking for a good location to put a new SPDT switch for purposes of getting the GT+Tech stereo to resume playback of the USB interface after re-starting the car. I want it to be easily accessible by the driver.

This switch would connect the bluetooth module signal indicated as AB on the wiring diagram to either AUDIO1 (persistant 12V) or AUDIO2 (switched 12V). It would allow the USB to resume (AUDIO1 setting) but would allow for the occasional necessary reset of the bluetooth module (by connecting to AUDIO2 and turning the car off. Also, when parked for extended periods of time, the user can set the switch to AUDIO2 to save power.

Ideally, if there was an unused mounting position for a switch that is not installed, that could be used but I don't see one. Otherwise, I am willing to drill a hole if necessary.

The Kenwood DNN991HD unit, that I have installed, it comes with a Voice command button. I have stuck it(double sided tape) to the left upper corner of the temperature "screen". Ran the wire into the gap, between the piano finish trim and temperature console "screen".

I ran a switch for my garage door opener in the upper back corner of the pop out cubby to the left of the steering column where the GPS goes. Works perfect, out of sight and easy to reach. Plus if I need to return it to stock, it is an inexpensive piece to replace.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I need a switch. This is related to my efforts to get the GT+Tech stereo to (1) resume playback of USB sticks and (2) auto-connect bluetooth to my phone upon starting the car. I need a user accessible switch to bypass the circuit in case (a) need to park for a long time (not sure of battery drain) or (b) to reset the bluetooth module if it locks up. The circuit actually has a relay and a 528T pulse timer. I just got it working but will have to test it over a long period of time before declaring success.

c04142ba5de06aa2e4e62b4b4846aefc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need a switch. This is related to my efforts to get the GT+Tech stereo to (1) resume playback of USB sticks and (2) auto-connect bluetooth to my phone upon starting the car. I need a user accessible switch to bypass the circuit in case (a) need to park for a long time (not sure of battery drain) or (b) to reset the bluetooth module if it locks up. The circuit actually has a relay and a 528T pulse timer. I just got it working but will have to test it over a long period of time before declaring success.
Do you have the bluetooth schematic and the connection to main unit?

Hi, here in Spain we have a serious problem with the USB module. It takes a lot of time to read the usb-stick and some times it fails, in other cases the system always reproduces the first song. I would like to have the USB-module information and interconecction with the Gracenote main unit. Someone can provide me it?

Back