LinuxRacr's Haltech E6X Log..

dude... that arrow is weak sauce....

and Ahmad, the only wire i can think of for the compustar is the rpm senseing wire, which most people run to the diagnostic port under the hood instead

Last edited:
RyanJayG said:
OMG lolz.. you stole my laptop computer!!!!

is that Pats?

Hahah.. That one was issued to me.. (wink) I will be using my personal Laptop after I do my carputer/docking station install.

Patrick, call Victor and see if he ran any wires to the stock ECU. I doubt he did because on mine and Moeeds he tapped all the wires under the dash, or on the diagnosis harness in the engine bay. Its much easier to do things that way. Trace those wires back and see where they come from.

Last edited by a moderator:
ELEmental59437 said:
Discount Tire sells replacement gorilla keys. I messed mine up and it was only $4 to get a new one I took my old key up there though, you might have to find a way to take a detailed picture and compare to their keys, or buy a few and return the bad one.

Patrick, call Victor and see if he ran any wires to the stock ECU. I doubt he did because on mine and Moeeds he tapped all the wires under the dash, or on the diagnosis harness in the engine bay. Its much easier to do things that way. Trace those wires back and see where they come from.

I already traced all wires in question, and checked your wiring (which by the way all linked up to the right wires). I called Victor earlier, and I will be sending him pictures I took of the wires to determine what is up. In the meantime, do you know where that wire was hooked to before you cut it?

BTW, THE THREAD JACKING IS OVER! POSTS JACKING THIS THREAD WILL BE DELETED!! Please start another thread!!

Last edited:
A pic of the water temp sensor and the new piece that Juan is sending with his kits for this. I must say, this was a GREAT idea on his part. Definatly cuts down on the install time, and tools necessary. Tapping my water neck was the hardest thing about installing my kit, but now it should be a complete breeze for those who want to install this kit. Patrick needed a new hose and got a "universal" one at auto zone that was perfect for this application. The stock one will look exactly the same way when this installed.

normal_patricks%20haltech%20install%20033.jpg

Last edited:
^ yeah, drilling/tapping that water block was a total PITA because we didnt have the proper tap and had to go to like 4 different stores.

Hey pat, I just figured out I have a hefty return coming as well. Looks like you won't be the only kid on the block with an E6X

ELEmental59437 said:
A pic of the water temp sensor and the new piece that Juan is sending with his kits for this. I must say, this was a GREAT idea on his part. Definatly cuts down on the install time, and tools necessary. Tapping my water neck was the hardest thing about installing my kit, but now it should be a complete breeze for those who want to install this kit. Patrick needed a new hose and got a "universal" one at auto zone that was perfect for this application. The stock one will look exactly the same way when this installed.

normal_patricks%20haltech%20install%20033.jpg

I ended up having to angle the sensor down more due to the BEGI pipe haveing the recirculation tube pointing that way.

I believe I have tracked down the problem. After tracing some wires last night, I was able to go look up the wires by connector and color in my alarm install/wiring manual, and here is what I found:

Connector #3:

Pin #9: Yellow/Black- this wire serves as the Tachometer input or the
Alternator input. Either way you use it, it is for engine sensing. This
wire tells the CompuStar when to quit cranking the starter of the vehicle.
There are a couple of ways to find the correct voltage for either type of
sensing.

So it looks like pin 9 is coudl be the culprit. I will know once I figure out where to hook it back up.

I also traced a wire back to this:

Pin #3: Light Blue/White- This is the (+) shutdown for the foot brake.
This wire will shut down the remote start if the foot brake is pressed.

I need to find the rpm/tach signal for pin 9, and for pin 3 I need to test the input.

Last edited:
Ok, it is looking like I need to hooke the other end of the wire going to pin # 3 for the foot brake shutdown to the neutral switch wire. It all has to do with the way it was wired specifically for autostart safety, and turbo timer. Anyone know which stock ecu pin number the neutral safety wire is?

no, but I know its pink and green on top of the tranny... so maybe it is at the ECU as well

*edit* I'm sorry, Pink and Gray

Last edited:
Back