Lime Rock Park ~ 55 TREES Donations

Coppertone

:
'04 Mazda6s Hatch
As I mentioned in the LRP 2012 thread, I thought it might be kind of cool if we could get 50 people to donate $20 each (or any combination of money that equals $1000) for a tree in our name, i.e. Mazda Owner's Car Corral at LRP ... according to the map, they will be planting trees near the skid pad ... i think it would be neat!!

for those of you who have NOT already read the article:

It was 55 years ago – Saturday, April 27, 1957 – that Lime Rock Park embarked on an extraordinary tradition of beauty and speed. Ted Sprigg, driving an Alfa Romeo Giulietta, won Lime Rock Park’s very first race... and now we’d like to tell you about a different “sprig,” the kind you find on a tree in the spring.

Planting for the Future: 55 TREES. It’s time to dig.
Our “roots run deep” in the world of motorsports and we must continue to preserve this secret valley of racing for the next 55 years. This project not only commemorates the 55th anniversary of this renowned and historic venue, but helps our obligation to eco-excellence. Show your support by participating in the Lime Rock Park Planting for the Future: 55 TREES. How? Read on...

Purchase a Tree or Donate to Planting for the Future: 55 TREES
Lime Rock Park’s goal is to plant 55 trees on the property in 2012, and we need your help to do it. We’ve retained two certified and licensed arborists – Arbor Services of Connecticut, in Washington Depot, and ArborWorks, from East Hartland – who’ve mapped out specific locations and tree types for optimum sustainability and beauty. This mapping includes the Infield and Outfield Spectator Hillsides, since we know our fans love access to additional shade.

The cost to buy a tree, which includes a permanent commemorative plaque in the name of your choosing, is $1,000. There are many tree- and location options to choose from (see attached map and purchase/donation forms). The trees we plant will range in width (“caliper,” as the experts put it) from 2 to 4 inches, and the starting heights are 5 to 11 feet. The trees reach functional maturity in 5 to 6 years. We look forward to your help in structuring these areas.

You may instead choose to donate any dollar amount toward the project, as we appreciate all levels of support. Everyone will be recognized on the Planting for the Future: 55 TREES Fundraising Board to be displayed on property all season long.

100 percent of the fundraising money goes to the purchasing, planting and maintenance of the trees.

We anticipate a mix of individual, group and corporate donations to help reach the “55” goal. If you have specific reasons on why and how you wish to donate, we want to know about it and will do all we can to accommodate you! We believe that this will be a fun and exciting collaborative project, further enhancing the Lime Rock Park friends and family community. We encourage you to follow the status of the project online at: http://www.55trees.com/

1. Lauri
2. Marlon
3. Phen
4. seanmcsean
5. Mahk
6. Ashley
7. Josh
8. Bruce
9. MazdaSpeedE
10. Intellekt
11. Jeff
12. Tom (?)
13. Fez (?)
14. Chris (?)
15. Ray (?)
16. Mel (?)
17. Larry & Jenny
18. chuyler1

I'm not going to start collecting the money until we have enough commited donations ... so if you are interested, please add your name to the list and once we have enough, I will post up the payment info.

please mention this thread to whoever you might think would be interested in donating. (maybe if you NEPOCer's have a meet, you could put out a donation jar? ... just a thought.)

Let's get this done!!! (cabpatch)

Last edited:
Forwarded this thread to Mazdaspeed Motosports to seek additional coverage.

We may not go to Lime Rock, but we will donate for sure.

1. Lauri
2. Marlon
3. Phen
4. seanmcsean
5. Mahk
6. Ashley
7. Josh
8. Bruce
9. MazdaSpeedE
10. Intellekt
11. Jeff
12. Tom (?)
13. Fez (?)
14. Chris (?)
15. Ray (?)
16. Mel (?)
17. Larry and Jen

Woot! I belive that's me at number 11 but if that should be another Jeff please add me to the list Lauri.

Woot! I belive that's me at number 11 but if that should be another Jeff please add me to the list Lauri.

that's you, because i remembered your name, and if you know anything about me, that's quite an accomplishment at this point in my life! lol

thanks to everyone!!

1. Lauri
2. Marlon
3. Phen
4. seanmcsean
5. Mahk
6. Ashley
7. Josh
8. Bruce
9. MazdaSpeedE
10. Intellekt
11. Jeff
12. Tom (?)
13. Fez (?)
14. Chris (?)
15. Ray (?)
16. Mel (?)
17. Larry & Jenny
18. chuyler1
19. Marc
20. Crazee D

if everyone above donates $20 we are only at $400 and we need $1000 for a tree!! i don't want to start collecting money if we don't reach our goal and then have to give it all back, or else i guess we could just donate it to them anyway and just not have a tree with a plaque in our name, but that was the whole purpose of it. thoughts? i wish LRP was still in may this year, because then we could push everyone there for a donation and probably make it!! but i'm not sure how waiting until september is going to work, we may be out of luck by then. if you new englanders have any g2g's, meets, outings, whatever ... put out a 55 Trees jar and see if you can get some more money and keep me posted with your progress ... I'll do that at our Grand-Am events, the first one being NJ in May ... but i think you may get a better response from people who actually live in the area, and who frequent LRP ... just my thoughts ... i really would LOVE to get this done!! how awesome would that be??

now that i'm thinking of it, i will make up a nice box with a sign showing our goal and our progress and marlon and i will hit up some of the mazda drivers and teams to donate ...

we WILL git 'er done!!

Last edited:
At this point we'd have to all kick in $50. To get down to $25 we'd need to double the number of ppl which I don't see happening. Maybe we could combine efforts with the Nutmeg miata club or something?

i'm sorry, but i'd rather not get the Nutmeg's involved. no offense to anyone here if you are a member there or friends with someone but they have NEVER wanted to get involved with ANYTHING we've done at LRP. We've invited them to join our corral since we are all MAZDA's but they've declined and always wanted to keep to their own hoyty toyty selves ... any other suggestions? : )

Latest posts

Back