lightweight mods?

espionage3

:
red AE86 and black mica 03 MSP
I have noticed that a lot of engine parts for this car is under R & D. So I kind of want to wait for more products to be released before I make up my mind on what parts and companies to go with. I am also very happy with the way it handles so susp. mods are not very important to me yet. So I was wondering if there are any light weight mods that are out right now?

Honestly, I don't think you should touch the suspension, but that's my opinion...go pick up the Injen...I don't have it myself, but have read good things about it...Ion makes a great turbo back exhaust setup as well. Stay away from boost control for right now until you can do some heavy fuel and engine management, and forged internals...

shaolin thanks for the response but I'm not lookin for engine or susp. mods. I was askin about lightweight mods.

What do you mean by light weight? Like removing s*** to lighten the vehicle to increase acceleration? Come on...if that's what you're looking for it takes a little common sense to figure that one out...

If not, I don't know what it is you're looking for.

deslinmotorsports (spellin?) has a kw coilover suspension in the works and tein and jic have full coilover suspension for our cars as well...in the way of lightweight performance i would look at custom titanium exhuast etc.....

ahhh I see lighter components...well most of the exhaust setups out there are lighter than stock. Other than that, maybe you should take off your stock wheels, and put on some 16 inch rotas...

I think that's the smallest you can go and fit the wheel over the brakes, but I may be wrong.

A set of JIC FLTA-2s will shave over 100 pounds off of your car. Whether or not it's considered unsprung weight has had me confused since I bought 'em. :D

Yeah, UDP is the death of this car, not very good for the engine at all. Others cars it's not that bad, this car no good. Uh, lightweight. Carbon Fibre hood, lighweight racing rims, aftemarket exhaust. Remove the spare tire, back seats, stereo, get someone to make a full fibreglass or Carbon Fibre interior, Get racing buckets, umm, i dunno, theres more, I just can't think of anything. Lightwieght depends on how comfortable you want the car to be. If you still want music, but you don't need bass, take out the subwoofer and amp assembly. One of the biggest things you can do is the wheels. Lighter wheels means better acceleration, and better handling. Plus if you change the rims, you get to go to a tire compound of your choice. The C/f hood is more looks than anythingm but it does still remove weight from the car, so it's still effective.

shaolin said:
..........Stay away from boost control for right now until you can do some heavy fuel and engine management, and forged internals...
where did u pull that out of?
nothing wrong with a boost controller if u know when to stop, kida like drugs ;)

Dr.Sound said:
where did u pull that out of?
nothing wrong with a boost controller if u know when to stop, kida like drugs ;)

Yup. Problem is boost is addictive just like drugs.

Which reminds me, I'm almost out of my hydrocodone cough medicine (how many people knew that narcotic painkillers are also cough suppressors?). Oh well, my cold is finally starting to go away.

I like the light wheels idea and the CF hood. I guess that would be the extent of it without tearin up the interior.

Back