lights

f16joe

:
Model CX-5 Touring
Is there a way to turn the lights completely off on a 2017 CX-5? I work on a military base and they prefer us to turn our lights off as we pass through the guard station.

joe - you need to refer to your manual - for 16s there is a long procedure to turn DRLs off. If you followed that and during the day - there should be no lights on. I dont have a 17 manual but you can search it. If you are near your dealer he can do it for you too.

This will also be an issue here in the Philippines as the subdivision guards require cars to turn off their headlights when approaching the gate. Sir f16, please keep us posted.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Is there a way to turn the lights completely off on a 2017 CX-5? I work on a military base and they prefer us to turn our lights off as we pass through the guard station.

There is a designated fuse for the DRL's. Just pull it and everything else works as it should. Did it the first day I got mine and won't ever use it. Hate DRL's. Look in your manual, can't remember which one it is!

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2049.JPG
    IMG_2049.JPG
    252.1 KB · Views: 422
So many cars today have DRL's... nowhere near as bright as headlights, shouldn't cause a glare issue. Rule needs an update.

I tried doing that and could never get it to work. Pulling the fuse was much easier

Back