light 18's

rocbtmd

I've been searching for this but can't really get a good answer out of previously posted threads.

What are the lightest 18's out there? I've been looking at the forged centerlines that are 15lbs and I like the style of them also.

pix or links would be helpful, don't really want to sacrifice good looks for a couple lbs less.

I'm going to go with SSR Type C Competition! They weigh 14 lbs and to me they look good. The cost... well that's something else. To me the price is not too bad for what you are getting but to some people I talk to they say it's too much. $2500 with tires! I think it is a fair price and like I said, they look good to boot!

Dave

How much were you planning on spending? A lot of the light weight 18's aren't bargain wheels with the exception of the 18 inch Rota Subzero. Anyhow, here's a little list of some light 18's

Racing Hart CP035 & CP-035R
rsxmotorsports_1696_2224451
rsxmotorsports_1696_2269094

P1 Racing QF
q_gun.jpg

Volk TE-37, LE37T, LE-37K, SE-37K
rsxmotorsports_1696_3305916
te37.jpg
LE37K.jpg
[/img]http://www.randdmotorsports.com/images/volk/se37k.jpg[/img]
Rays Gramlight 57F, 57C & Gramlight Pro
57f140.jpg
57c140.jpg

Advan RG
rg_02.jpg

rg_03.jpg

Sorry for all the pics

Last edited:
Personally, I wouldn't run SSR Comps on the street, I've heard of way too many people bending them. This is because they are NOT a true forged wheel but a spin forged wheels, so they are quite light and reletivly strong but will not hold up to most street use. A lot of people have bent them on potholes. I think the lightest strong 18 in wheel right now would be the Volk Racing CE28N. The 18 in should be around 14 pounds.

ce28n1.jpg

image5.jpg

image6.jpg

Shawn

Last edited:
sundevilMP5 said:
the OZ superlegerras (spelling) i think weigh in at around 12-13...and they're strong as hell...but also expensive

Let me start off by saying that I like the Superleggera's, I almost bought some for my car, BUT... they are NOT 12-13 pounds! The 17in weighs about 17 pounds and the 18s weight abournd 19 pounds, which is still light for their respective sizes. Also, they are not that strong, they are still a cast wheel and will bend much easier than a nice forged wheel like the volk racings. Lastly, "expensive" is a very relative term. You can get the Superleggera's for around $250 in 18 in which is expensive compared to a $100 per rim Motegi but dirt cheap compared to a $1400 per wheel HRE or kinesis.

Shawn

Any idea on the pricing of those Racing Hart CP035s?

Those are just the style I've been thinking of for my car, and if they are lightweight, then even better!

JasonTK said:
Any idea on the pricing of those Racing Hart CP035s?

Those are just the style I've been thinking of for my car, and if they are lightweight, then even better!

Racing Hart CP-035s are only avalible up to a 17 inch size and go for about $550 a piece. The polished two piece CP-035Rs are only avalible in 18 inch sizes and go for about $650 a piece.

Shawn

Thanks.... I appreciate it.

I really like that style but I don't know about that price. That's a lot of money for me :D

Take a look at the Rota Subzero's. They are the same style as the Racing Hart CP-035s are, they are lightweight and pretty strong. Their only downfall is that the Rotas aren't forged or quite as lightweight as the Racing Harts but you can't complain for the price. They should run about $125 a wheel. Get in touch with Rishie, he has em in our fitment.

Shawn

Rota subzero. Look it up. Actually...wasn't there someone on here selling theirs?

Back