LF: forged goodies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are those standard length k1's?

P.S.
Sell me those damn con rods! It can be like they are both of ours.

any reason why you want 8.5 instead of stock comp pistons? people dont realize that you can make the same power, with less boost

any reason why you want 8.5 instead of stock comp pistons? people dont realize that you can make the same power, with less boost

That is too general a statement because with the correct EMS on a totally stock MSP, I can find you 20 more HP just by tuning the ignition more aggressive

Running the 9:1 vs the 8.5:1 means that yes there is more bottom end torque, but to say that he can make more with less boost is a bit misleading.

What he saves on reliability and safety is really big

He should run 9:1 it is the correct choice for anything up to 14 psi on 91 and up.

If he were to go up higher, he would need 93 and start to pull timing. I don't, I can continue to run silly timing much later which means that the "More with Less" is in reality false.

I might pull 350whp at 16psi easily when he might never be able to tune past 290 with any margin of safety.

Good explination Brian. I run 93 all day. My main reason for running 9:1 is because they are easier to get your hands on. I miss my msp. Gonna try out the aem fic so hopefully that will go well.

That is too general a statement because with the correct EMS on a totally stock MSP, I can find you 20 more HP just by tuning the ignition more aggressive

Running the 9:1 vs the 8.5:1 means that yes there is more bottom end torque, but to say that he can make more with less boost is a bit misleading.

What he saves on reliability and safety is really big

He should run 9:1 it is the correct choice for anything up to 14 psi on 91 and up.

If he were to go up higher, he would need 93 and start to pull timing. I don't, I can continue to run silly timing much later which means that the "More with Less" is in reality false.

I might pull 350whp at 16psi easily when he might never be able to tune past 290 with any margin of safety.
sorry for the vague statement brian. I believe I was on my phone, so I didn't go into detail. Thanks for clearing things up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back