Lexus 9 Spoke Rims I got for FREE!

:
2008 Mazda MX-5 5MT PRHT
So I acquired a set of 4 Lexus rims. They are 9 spoke and when I put it up against the stockers, they appeared to be 17's as they were just a hair smaller in size. I'm having a hard time establishing the specs on them like what vehicle they came from but to my knowledge, Toyota and Lexus use the same 5 lug pattern almost through their entire line-up. I was hoping that I could use these for a few different things but I guess it all boils down to the time I decide to do something with them.

My mom bought a house and they were in the garage and she said "Take em if you want em." So I did. They're pretty dirty and one of them has a little bit of curb rash (as seen in the pictures below) and one has a few chips out of it but all in all they seem in pretty fair shape considering I have no clue where they came from. I plan on brushing them up and cleaning them shortly to see where I stand on them. Any ideas on basic solvents or cleaners to use on scrubbing these?

Ideas for them would be to paint or powdercoat them and use them as spares or replacements (so I can keep the stockers tucked away and minty fresh), sell them, or use them as spares altogether possibly for use at the dragstrip (even though I'm sure these weigh a ton more than the stockers).

Thoughts? If I were to sell these (cleaned up but not fixed as far as curb rash) what do you think would be a valid number to ask?

I think I scored on these considered they cost me the time to put them in my truck and haul them back home.

6124774350_9528834790_b.jpg

6124777144_8c3a8ed793_b.jpg

6124238105_c8511eafbb_b.jpg

6124782836_26ddf9aea9_b.jpg

I was just informed on my XR site that the size, offset, etc. should be stamped on the inside. I'm about to go check.

Edit: Unfortunately, I could not see anything on the wheel that notated what size, offset, width. However, I was shown a link and it would appear that they are 16 x 6.5's from a 2002 ish Lexus ES300.

Might just take em to my uncle's shop in Atlanta and see what he can do with them.

Last edited:
You could try vinegar and water. The acid in the vinegar should cut the brake dust and it's cheap. That is actually a good looking wheel. It appears to be a higer offset, although it is hard to tell for sure. I think if I were in your situation I would ask $200 obo and see what happens. If no one bites, and they will fit (hub size &, offset) I would keep them around for a fresh look from time to time. Or you could srap them out @about .70 per pound and take that 6 or 7 bucks and go to Taco Bell.

Edit: From what i could find via quick search the 2002 es300 used a +45 offset. Didn't see anything on hub bore. They would actually sit pretty flush-ish on Mazdas since stock wheels for the most part are +52.

Last edited:
Back