Lewis7789's 2003 Protege5 build thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
32mm socket in my tool box. Go snag it daddy-o

32mm and 29mm are must have odd ball sockets when always working our cars. I have both. I've axquired a nice set of tools over the years just from working on my car.

Got my fuel lines (6 an or 3/8" fit perfectly) yesterday and just waiting on fittings for the AFPR then I can mount that up.

Stopping by Wetzel Performance in Canton tomorrow to have the elbows welded on the radiator.

Found this pic and wanted to share. I'm sure I'm the not only one who looses sleep over his project car. lulz.

Last edited:
^^haha awesome. That has been nearly every night of 2013 so far...my fiance claims she has the same problem, but its about a wedding...

Her: "i couldn't fall asleep last night"
me: "I couldn't either"
Her: "yeah, i keep spinning all these wedding ideas around in my head...what is keeping you up?"
me: "that...EXACTLY that"

^^haha awesome. That has been nearly every night of 2013 so far...my fiance claims she has the same problem, but its about a wedding...

Her: "yeah, i keep spinning all these wedding ideas around in my head...what is keeping you up?"

hahahaaha! Planning a wedding takes patience and teamwork. I think it's the final test of a relationship before marriage. If you can manage that together, you can handle marriage.

Evan, loving the car. I plan to see it in person at some point, hopefully this year

^ That is exactly the right answer, you're definitely ready for marriage. LOL

Lewis, Look what they do in Russia, may also do so?Sorry for my American Sign Language! 277 whp, and 430 whp + nos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Z3VrYRlj3Og
c7bfa1u-960.jpg
27bfa1u-960.jpg

Last edited:
Dear sweeat baby Jeebus... I got goosebumps. Thank you for sharing!

That was the original plan, but I'm going to stay N/A for a couple years and learn to drive the car as is with the lower power. Then I'm sure I'll get the bug to rebuild everything and boost it.

That was the original plan, but I'm going to stay N/A for a couple years and learn to drive the car as is with the lower power. Then I'm sure I'll get the bug to rebuild everything and boost it.

The only reason I'm still stock :)

Yeah, I think a lot of us get wrapped in MOAR POWA and dyno sheets. Especially since buying the lightly modded MS6, it's got plenty of power to me.

I want to learn how to drive my car quickly with the power it has first. I've got some friends that auto-x and go to track days with lower HP cars that can really wipe the floor with higher HP cars because driver mod. I want to work on my driver mod before adding 100 more whp. :)

This P5 isn't going to beat anyone on the highway, but on those entrance/exit ramps is where I'll be trying to pass. haha

I fully understand.

Having driven this one now for damn near what.....2 years with the KL Powerplant, it's been a true joy to romp on it and hear that truly orgasmic scream from the exhaust. I like running through the twistys as much as the next guy - but I really just love driving down the interstate at a good clip and hearing it, smelling it, and feeling it. It's good s***!

^ That engine bay looks badass! Any Protege engine bay with a V6 looks badass. Get that beauty finished son.

I'm very tempted to give up and part out and sell everything.

Turns out the 1993 PGT wiring harness I bought for car is actually an OBD2 (96-97) harness even though the seller told me is was for a 1993. ******* Probetalk lying bastards. Now I get to start over with the wiring and try to find a 93-94 wiring harness again.

I'm getting to the point where I don't even want to mess with this car anymore. Every time I try to install something it wants to fight me. **** this car. I'm going to have a piece of pie before I set the garage on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back