Lewis7789 MS6 GT build thread

Hey Evan I forgot to tell you that in the parade laps at Mid Ohio When you punched it coming out of the first turn we hit. You threw a large cloud of white smoke at me out of both exhaust tips. Don't know if its anything but figured you would like to know. Only did it once but still

White smoke? Was there any blue tinge to it? White aint good, that's usually coolant. I always keep an eye on my coolant/ps levels but I'll pull the plugs this weekend and take a look. Thanks for the heads up, Patrick and sorry about the coughing that ensued. ;)

haha you took off so I was delayed and wasn't fast enough to catch anything. But No blue looked only white. only did it once but it almost looked like the car coughed as soon as you punched it, white smoke, then you were gone and so was the smoke

Without TCS or DSC it could've been tires with 4 people and a ton of junk in the trunk. haha

that sounds like the typical smoking turbo smoke - the oil leaks back into the turbo and burns off. there was an extended warranty for it up to 70k...

let it idle for 15-20 minutes and then tap the gas. if its smoking, you'll know.

Jake mentioned it was starting the smoke a week or two ago. I've got Fez's old OEM turbo with <5k miles on it sitting on my shelf at home. Might have to swap it out sooner than I thought. But 145k miles on the stock turbo is pretty impressive. :)

its not a performance issue (from what i understand anyway) just a nuissance/embaresment.

I traded the MS6 in for a sweet office chair this weekend.

23lmg.gif

Just kidding. My friend, Jess, and I took the scenic route and about every detour to Columbus and back Sunday in the MS6. It was a hoot. No issues and ran like a champ. So nice to be able to pass people on the country roads without worrying about not being able to pass in time. :)

I traded the MS6 in for a sweet office chair this weekend.

23lmg.gif

Just kidding. My friend, Jess, and I took the scenic route and about every detour to Columbus and back Sunday in the MS6. It was a hoot. No issues and ran like a champ. So nice to be able to pass people on the country roads without worrying about not being able to pass in time. :)

You came to Columbus and didn't say hi? :(

I totally thought about it when we were on 270. I was like "Well s***, I should've dropped off Nate's GT Spec bars and checked out the new house.". Sorry, buddy. :(

I totally thought about it when we were on 270. I was like "Well s***, I should've dropped off Nate's GT Spec bars and checked out the new house.". Sorry, buddy. :(

lol, were were you at on 270?

I have no idea. I was just going where Jess told me to go. lulz.

You were probably less than 15 minutes away at most

Let the hording begin. Bought a new Luk OEM clutch and shifter fork from MSF for $200 shipped. My stock clutch still feels great but I'm hording parts for the swap when my motor finally does go. It will make the swap easier to have everything ready. :)

Pretty soon you are going to be hoping that your motor goes so you can use all these parts.

Meh. I could pull the current motor and slowly forge it but I honestly don't have the money to do that right now and I don't really plan on going big turbo.

And I've got a good deal on some satin white vinyl on hold for me on MSF until payday next Friday. So no Plastidip, Will and JT can breath a sigh of relief. I've been watching YouTube video's of how to install, looks like a good challenge and much more fun than painting. Plus it should last a lot longer.

Probably a bit of heat, and ensure you lay the vinyl smoothly and evenly, right?

Back