Left Front Scraping Noise After Eibach Install

DynoBunny

:
2007 MS3 GT/2012 5 GT
So today I installed my Eibach pro kit with new oem mazdaspeed front shocks and after I was done and took it for a ride I have this horrible scraping noise coming from the front left. It happens when driving straight and turning right, not so much when turning left. It is definitely a scraping noise though, and it sounds like it is consistent with the spinning of the wheel.

It wasn't there before and I did a normal install, I thought that maybe the dust sheild was scraping on something but I don't think it is. I did have to rap the hell out of the shock mount to get it to pop loose but I don't see how that would have messed anything up.

I also thought maybe the rotor got messed up but it doesn't go away when the brakes are applied.

So anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Put the car up on jack stands, jack the lower control arm up so the wheel is located about normal for your ride height, and see if you can see something that would be rubbing.

Well I fixed it and I think I know what was wrong. I guess from all the banging around my rotor moved away from the hub a little and I think some dirt got in there. That caused my caliper to lose it's concentricity and it was rubbing on the inside of the caliper at one point in the rotation.

So I basically cleaned everything up and the noise is gone. Good reason to make sure all those mating surfaces are free from dirt, it seems like it was just dust that caused it.

Back