LED Daytime running lights?

Except the headlights and fogs are aimed no where near the driver's line of sight (above vehicle beltline). The point of DRL is to run in a similar (or same) housing to the highbeams aimed above the belt line with the light running at a lower wattage to create a visual awareness without blinding them. Plus, why would you put more wear on your HID's (if applicable) and multiple other bulbs?

Except the headlights and fogs are aimed no where near the driver's line of sight (above vehicle beltline). The point of DRL is to run in a similar (or same) housing to the highbeams aimed above the belt line with the light running at a lower wattage to create a visual awareness without blinding them. Plus, why would you put more wear on your HID's (if applicable) and multiple other bulbs?

No HIDs but am very unlucky when it comes to visibility issues and have been hit a couple times, both in car and on a motorcycle, I must be an idiot magnet. I must say the small investment in extra lighting is worth it and has not happened since I started being more pro active and currently looking to put rear tail FOGS like they have in Europe. Anyone in here that can point me to a link for bulb placement and wiring is a plus, so I don't have to jerry-rig myself.

Living in NYC, it is quite understandable. I have had too many altercations with "idiots". You being in Florida, I am sure you encounter many "NY drivers" down there.

If you search for rear fog lights, you may find a thread I have created. It includes the part number for the rear fog light avail in the euro market. It should also include the part number for the Euro signal stalk which has the switch for the rear fogs. Feel free to bump it. I have been looking for an excuse to make my own foglight using the factory housing and wiring it up.

I agree.

I know this may sound like the wrong thing to do (likely is) but while in traffic during mid day noon-3pm (w/full sun out) I sometimes drive with my Xenons on highbeams. There's some pretty stupid drivers here in Phoenix, AZ. Coming from San Diego it's a night and day difference in driving ettiquette here. Essentially it about defensive driving to get other stupid driver's attention. You know the ones that don't signal while switching a lane or 2 or 3. Driving into your lane at times while talking on the phone. Drivers that try to beat the red light at the intersection. Those folks. During peak sunlight hours the Xenon highbeams pose much less glare unto oncoming traffic compared to night while getting max attention. Otherwise by 4-5pm its back to lowbeams. All that said, I'd still drive with stock DRLs aimed up vs lowbeam Xenons which are aimed down. When I compared both from 20 feet away the stock DRL's seemed to be more visible during daylight.

I'm not against the DRL, in fact I would love the Audi type Leds fitted in the headlights.

No what I would like is control over them.

For example, today I washed the car, so I started up in the garage to take it 100 yards to the back courtyard to wash it.

First of the car revs to just short of 2K revs wasting fuel and making a real racket, then as I release the handbrake the DRL come on, a complete waste of time, serving only to load the alternator and use even more fuel.

All I'm saying a simple off switch such as the I stop and problem solved

The law says new cars [from 2011 I think] must have DRL.

Back