LEAN in boost PLZ help

f1yen

:
Mazdaspeed,Protege
Hey guys,
(thought this was appropriate in the performance section, since noo codes, and happening under boost)

I have not been driving the MSP much, and when I do, its normally not for a beat run, but yesterday I took the car out, and when I spooled it up, it went lean, and it was repeatable...not just a fluke etc.
While at 10psi the AFR's were starting in 12's and getting leaner !!!! :( Good thing I keep an eye on the wideband :)
I lowered the boost to 6/7psi stock, And the car stayed in the 11's for a while then increased to mid/upper 12's in the upper rpm, which still scared me.

I changed my SSFTC for more fuel , and the car still runs lean. No codes, this is only noticed when in boost, outside of the diagnostic region of the car. And the car has great vacuum 21 inHg.

I eventually put the map back to all 10's (in which case my car normally BOGGGGS down to 10.2 -9.8 AFR piggg rich.)
But the car sweeps from 11.1 through 12.4 in the upper rpm..... :(

Other issues with the car: The car takes a while to fire (crank speed is fine). It also will stumble and die right after starting sometimes. I first thought it was because I removed the VTCS flaps, maybe it is another symptom though.

Can someone please help me? This car has me at wits end.

These are symptoms of a failing fuel pump... If you're not able to supply enough fuel, you're going to run lean as well as having starting issues. I've heard Walbro's have a high failure rate, though never experienced it myself and I have a Walbro that's sitting in my closet that has yet to be installed. I'd check fuel pressure to start with.

Back