Leak ?

Rawyzf

Contributor
:
2011 Mazda CX-9 GT AWD
Take a look at this pic, do you think I have a leak somewhere? It looks like it's coming from the gasket/seal, but I don't know.

Anyone know?

Thanks,
Ryan

Last edited:
How about a pic that is right side up :)

Do you think that could be just spillage from changing the filter?

I think I am being paranoid.

-Ryan

Last edited:
Update...

So I was looking under the car, and it looks to be leaking a tiny bit from silver thing that is under the oil filter. Is that the oil cooler? I also noticed a little drip that was forming where the oil line runs into the turbo.

Anyone know anything about this?

Would that be the oil feed or the oil return? I would before I started pulling things apart spray some degreaser around and clean it up real good and then try to locate it better.
Most importantly check your oil level!!

shane02pro5 said:
Would that be the oil feed or the oil return? I would before I started pulling things apart spray some degreaser around and clean it up real good and then try to locate it better.
Most importantly check your oil level!!

I'm going to put some die in with the oil and see where my leak is coming from.

I wonder if it's leaking from the line and then draining to the pan or what?

Hopefully its just a loose oil line fitting. My Hiboost lines are right there in plain sight, wheras yours are kind of buried. My return line had a leak that one night dripped down the return line and splattered everywhere. I didn't even know where to start looking. It was even on the topside of the turbo. It was just a slightly loose screw in the flange under the turbo.

One minute to fix 2 hours to clean up. Smelled burning oil for like 3 weeks.
Good Luck!

The best thing to do would be to wipe all areas clean, and go for a drive. Come back and see if you see any new oil, or drops forming.

Thanks for the input guys.

I'll clean it all off really good this week and then take her for a spin and see if I can find the leak. It is very minimal, but still bothers me. The thing that bugs me the most is the smell of oil that catchs me when I slow down after being a little hard on the car.

I'll keep you posted incase you care.

-Ryan

Hey...sorry, no updates yet. My clutch went out, so the car has been out of commission since last week. I should get my car back early next week...and I'll give an update then.....if weather permits.
biochembruin said:
any update on this? i think one of the oil lines for my turbo has a slow leak

Yep thats the oil cooler underneath the filter. There is a large nut on the shaft that could have loosened and created a slight leak. Might want to check that.

How many miles did you get on your stock clutch? What are you going to replace it with? Good luck with both.

I had 32,000 on my stock clutch.

I am replacing it with an Act Street Clutch, Quaife LSD, AWR Rear MM, and B&M Short shifter :)

Thanks!

Sounds like you are going to have a stout drivetrain setup. I was curious about the mileage as I have 48K+ on my stock clutch.

Rawyzf said:
I had 32,000 on my stock clutch.

I am replacing it with an Act Street Clutch, Quaife LSD, AWR Rear MM, and B&M Short shifter :)

Thanks!
why not a flywheel?

Yeah...I am hopeing it will be nice :)
DAWIV said:
Sounds like you are going to have a stout drivetrain setup. I was curious about the mileage as I have 48K+ on my stock clutch.

Back