Lazy man`s wheel cleaner

Mid_Life_Crisis

Contributor
:
2007 MS3
No, I didn`t find one, I`m looking for one. Some of you may remember that I am the guy who doesn`t believe in taking off the protective layer of dirt on his car. I have to say that even I am disgusted with my rims right now. Not so disgusted that I will actually scrub them, mind you, but if there is something I can spray on and rinse off, I would like to know about it.

eagle one used to make this stuff called AtoZ cleaner... it was the best and no scrub. came in an orange spray bottle.. havent seen it in a while but if u do its a must try

WD-40 works great for brake dust. Lemon Pledge is a bit more expensive, but leaves a good shine as well. Great for cleaning all plastic stuff as well (and not bad on interior windshields either).

IMO you can't beat car wash soap, water, and elbow grease. I know it's not ideal for the lazy man, but 10-15 min on each wheel and the brake dust comes off very easily. The only reason it's time consuming is because there are so many damn spokes/surfaces! I stopped using harsher spray on/wash off wheel cleaners after my friend gradually melted the finish off of some wheels years ago.

after you get them clean take some time and put a coat or two of wax on them, it will making them a lot easier next time around.

WD-40 works great for brake dust. Lemon Pledge is a bit more expensive, but leaves a good shine as well. Great for cleaning all plastic stuff as well (and not bad on interior windshields either).

Do not use WD40 on or near your functioning brakes... trying to kill someone?

Do not use WD40 on or near your functioning brakes... trying to kill someone?

C'mon now - you guys use armor all on your tires right? A little common sense can go a long way...

Sheesh. Besides, everyone knows WD40 isn't a lubricant. ;-)

Pags

lazy man needs to pay someone who is not so lazy to clean them as well as the entire car to get rid of that protective layer of neglect!

I use a product called P-21s automotive cleaner or something of that nature. works great! its in a white and orange bottle. Little pricey, but it even cleans the calipers well, and its safe for the finish.

Back