Launching

So i just bought my friends ms3 a week ago. see mods below in sig. he ran a 13.4@109 with just the cobb sri and forge bpv. I went last night with all the mods listed and best time was 14.1@103!!! I cant get traction!! haha i need pointers on how to get a good launch. PS: I never lost one race ;)

Are you shifting at WOT?

Your difference in trap speed from what your friend got points to the possibility that you're having more of an issue than simply off-the-line traction/launching...

practice, practice, practice. you really just need to get a feel of the car. you said you just got it a week ago but its gonna take you a couple of weeks to actually get used to the car much less go out to the track and have an amazing run your first time out.

I call BS on the 109mph with just an intake. Buy some slicks and mm's to make better use of this cars power. Unless you are a very skilled fwd racer the ms3 will dissapoint most at the track on street tires. If you run 14's or under 100mph I would consider this pretty dissapointing IMO.

Last edited:
I call BS on the 109mph with just an intake. Buy some slicks and mm's to make better use of this cars power. Unless you are a very skilled fwd racer the ms3 will dissapoint most at the track on street tires. If you run 14's or under 100mph I would consider this pretty dissapointing IMO.

Would u like to see the timeslips? I have them and he is a friend and he's not lieing. He ran a 14.0 completely stock.

So, back on topic, any launching techniques? Mine is still stock and I want to get some stock run times before I start modding.

109 trap isnt possible. especially with the 13.4 1/4 from this car with those mods. thats actaully insane

if he trapped 109 and ran 13.4 it means one of two things.

the car had a bad 60ft and didnt get good traction through a couple gears which means that car is alot faster than running 13.4, it means the car will run 12's.

and that the car with just sri and bpv was much faster than your car currently is with your current mods

either there is something done to the car you dont know about, you read the slip wrong or that car is beyond a factory freak and is a factory monster.

We share the same power to weight ratio as the BMW 335i, which achieves a 13.4 pass in the 1/4. I find it a tiny bit believable :D

^^

But a 335i has much better potential for a good launch being RWD and with a near 50/50 weight distribution.

Hehe, hence the big grin at the end. If he hooked it flawlessly, then maybe. Think there's this other guy on here that ran a 13.4 off with just an intake and rear MM. Don't hold me to that though!

img3716yi6.jpg

Hmm, with a 2.2 60' I find that time pretty amazing. Factory freak? Looks like hes got a lot of top end in that beast!

oh and on the custom AP tune the power doesnt fall off after 6 like most so maybe thats the answer to the top end but when he ran the 13.4 he was on stock tune

there had to be something else done to the car besides sri and bov. 109 trap. 335i doesnt trap that. 135i ddoesnt trap that either

the 370z doesnt trap that and runs low 13's

oh and on the custom AP tune the power doesnt fall off after 6 like most so maybe thats the answer to the top end but when he ran the 13.4 he was on stock tune

he didnt run 109 on a stock tune, sri and bpv/bov. sorry man, its not happening

Back