Launch control & catalytic converter

mrdouble99

:
Mazdaspeed3
I want to use the launch control with the AccesPort when i go to the drag strip, but i'm scared that i'm gonna destroy my cat.

Setting are at 4500rpm to help me launch with my slick.

Godd or bad ? (wiggle)

If I were racing at the drag strip I would worry about breaking a WHOLE lot more things before the catalytic converter.

To answer your question...you should be fine. You will be on the launch control limiter for only a few seconds (if that) per pass.

You would have to launch a car with low engine rotating mass like this at 4500 on a slick to prevent the engine from bogging down right out of the hole. This is true of almost any small displacement motor on slicks. Street rubber you can get away with (can't do anything but, really) grannying it out because it has no traction.

Running with slicks, on any car, is a whole different ball game, trust me on that.

Anyway, a couple sec on the 2-step shouldn't harm anything. How's your 60 foots coming along with this setup? Best I can do on the RE50s is 2.0.

MS3 Launch Control

Hey guys,
I just found out about this feature and quickly did all the updating and map downloading to enable myself to use this. Went to my car and did as the instructions told me. Have the car stopped and put the ebrake on, turn on the rear defrost and with foot off clutch rev engine to around 4000rpm and you'll hit the Cobb set rev limiter!!!! I did all this and nothin happened! Was my car supposed to automatically stay at 4000rpm? Please help me to get this up and running
Thnx

Back