largest object in trunk/hatch?

You guys aren't kidding about the Sony Wega's being heavy. I have a 36" XBR HD Sony Wega.....it weights 250lbs! I didn't, however, own my Pro5 at the time so I had it delivered. I do think it would fit, though because of the extreme weight it would be ackward as hell trying to load and unload that beast! Probably scratch the crap out of the car doing so too......

I used to give these 3 people a ride to work every morning. They used to say that @ 5:30 in the morning my car looked like a mini-hearse. I got sick of hearing it. I still give them a ride every morning but the complaining has stopped. So has the screaming and thumping.
Funny, I cut air holes in the parcel shelf and everything. It just goes to show you some people are more durable than others. But I agree with Puertorican, I think there is still room for more....

Last edited:
Last fall ... 16 snow TIRES + rims !!! + passenger
(Should I mention free lowered suspension ?)

P5 cargo space rules...

--McDave

OMG the Wega's are a pig to lift. Never before have I had to lift such a beast for their size.

Think the box said something about 250+ pounds...arghhhhh my back just hurts thinking about it.

Computer table, legs attached and all. Slipped it in upside down and it fit like a charm. Couldn't do that with my old civic :)

I can fit three 6'4" surfboards with wetsuits PLUS three meat-heads in my P5. It ain't pretty after a pit-stop at taco bell(eggy x 3)but we all fit! It sure is nice to have the boards INside the car when a giant logging truck goes by the other direction. I've had too many of 'em fly off the racks to their death over the years.

[Originally posted by PuertoRicanMP5
i put four dead bodies, four tarps, two showels, pair of hiking boots, and a flashlight.... I think i had room for one more dead body.. he he he j/k
Damn, you beat me to it. I could only fit 3 bodies in my trunk. Along with a pair of cowboy boots and a white cowboy hat. Also had in 2 cans of string cheese, and a naked picture of Bette Midler. Oh and a 6 pack of cold ones

Last edited:
I have tested the cargo carrying capacity of my P5 many times since I bought i.

Stuffed a baby bed in there once (in the box still). It was a pretty tight fit in between the center console and hatch opening.

Barely squeezed a treadmill in...again the console was the limiting factor. The box hit the console but laid down so the hatch could close.

This weekend we put a 7 cu ft freezer in there. I'm glad I went with the 7 cube...was thinking it wouldn't fit but the car swallowed it. I like to brag on what the car can carry.

Then again I put four full-sized kitchen chairs (not the fold up variety) in my MX-6 (seats folded down) for a 90 minute car ride. I'm pretty creative at stuffing cars.

well...i just moved from Florida to NJ.
I was able to pack every singe item that was vital for me to live in NJ, in my car. (granted...much was left behind..for now).
I was shocked at how much i was able to squeeze in there.
A TV, VCR, stereo, PC with 18" monitor, 2 boxes, a collapsed computer desk, PS2(hehe), sooo many shoes, a closet full of clothes, and a CD tower with 200 CD's inside.
and nothing was packed above the windows or blocking my vision!

my roof rack box...

that was in the back of the car when I picked it up on Saturday. :D
dsc00157.jpg

I have a rather large guitar setup that fits in the back of the Pro5 pretty tight. Its two 4X12 speaker cabinets, a 10 space rack, large ammo box for cords/stuff, and my guitar. There is about an inch of room left on top, no room on the sides or in the back. It almost looks like it was custom fit. It also makes my car look like its been lowered.

xelderx, sweet!!

When I was looking for a car I lugged my 22"x18" bass drum to all the dealers and tried fitting it in the trunk with all the seats up. Of course I wasn't going to make my decision completely based on that but it was a factor. I was tired of having to carry it in the front passenger seat and wanted it just out of the way when transporting the whole set.

I tried that on a Matrix (fit well), Subaru Impreza wagon (fit only when you took off the cover), the P5 (yep, just put the cover on the trunk floor), and the PT Cruiser (Did not fit, surprisingly!).

It was also fun to see the dealers get a little nervous when I got that thing out for a test :D It could mean sale or bust!

Back