Larger gas pedal?

Kaidao

Does anyone know where I can purchase a larger gas pedal? I want to replace the stock one with a wider one to make it easier to heel-toe. Anyone have any ideas?

pepboys, autozone, advanced auto parts...they all pretty much have a "rice" section with floor pedals. or maybe you just need different shoes

+1. The pedals are close already...

I can already get the side of my foot jammed under the gas pedal while braking and brake pedal while on the throttle. My first question when I got my car was "is there anyway to space the pedals out" not "is there a way to get them closer" ;)

To each his own and do what works for you. I would say look for aftermarket pedal covers. They should give you the extra you are looking for.

I can already get the side of my foot jammed under the gas pedal while braking and brake pedal while on the throttle. My first question when I got my car was "is there anyway to space the pedals out" not "is there a way to get them closer" ;)

To each his own and do what works for you. I would say look for aftermarket pedal covers. They should give you the extra you are looking for.

I don't have huge clodhoppers (size 10), but my feet are wider than average and this car has been the easiest to heel-'n-toe of any car I've owned (stock pedals, of course). I had AutoVation pedals on my last car and those were fantastic. If they don't offer a MS3 application, perhaps Sparco does.

There is a guy that makes custom pedals. I don't know if he still is. I originally saw it on Rotus' car. He has the wider gas pedal.

attachment.php

I liked the idea so I got one a while back too.

Last edited by a moderator:
He does still make the pedals, however they're a hobby that he does in his spare time so turn around can be slightly slow depending on his work load at his real job. I also have his pedals..... though I have the brake/clutch/deadpedal too.

IMG_0025.jpg
Please ignore the dirty floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks really good. How much did they cost you?

Hmmm, I want to say he's selling the accelerator pedals for $25 and the brake/clutch for $30. I got a discount because I was a trial person for the '05 model (the pedals are different from '06+ models)

I don't have huge clodhoppers (size 10), but my feet are wider than average and this car has been the easiest to heel-'n-toe of any car I've owned (stock pedals, of course). I had AutoVation pedals on my last car and those were fantastic. If they don't offer a MS3 application, perhaps Sparco does.

you know what they say about people with wide feet...

If the gas pedal was a little higher, it would be perfect for me to heel-toe... The side spacing is perfect, but the gas pedal is just a touch too low for me... My S2K had the best pedal placement from my experience. Hmmm... wonder if I can make the gas pedal a little thicker...

If it is just accel pedal height.....You could just add a few fender washers/standoffs between the accel pedal assembly and firewall. There are 3 threaded studs that hold the pedal assembly to the firewall. Just remove the nuts and add about a 1/4" long standoff between the firewall and the pedal assembly, reattach the nuts and you should be good to go.

If it is just accel pedal height.....You could just add a few fender washers/standoffs between the accel pedal assembly and firewall. There are 3 threaded studs that hold the pedal assembly to the firewall. Just remove the nuts and add about a 1/4" long standoff between the firewall and the pedal assembly, reattach the nuts and you should be good to go.

I will try this. Yeah, I'm mainly having problems with the gas pedal being too low for it to be comfortable heel-toe-ing.

you know what they say about people with wide feet...

...that they wear wide shoes?

On pedal topic, I end up sitting at a stoplight a couple times a week mistakenly revving the engine because my foot is pushing both brake and gas pedals before I notice it. (hand)

Hopefully I can use that pedal proximity to my advantage once track season rolls around.

Latest posts

Back