KYB GR-2's

hyperboarder

:
2002 MP5
Anyone have experience with them? Mine are shot, I don't really feel like shelling out a lot of extra cash for an upgrade because I'm selling the car in the summer. Rock auto has these for pretty cheap, figured I'd pick up a set. Any advice is appreciated.

if your planning on sellin the car. they should be a good replacement shock. heard they are more or less OEM spec. snatch em up if they are a good deal.

Illuminas FTW, I've got em and the adjustability is really nice to have if the ride is to rough on my back I just turn it down and all is good.

Tokico HPs are $320 shipped off ebay...and not much more aggressive over stock....but to answer your question...No I have no experience with the GR2s, but they are the suggested replacement for the P5, so they should be pretty nice...

its not really practical to buy a setup like illuminas and some springs if you just going to sell the car.
i would stick with the KYB so you dont feel bad giving up the illuminas/springs, unless of course you were going to put the stockers back in.

if its going to be sold. go with stock replacements and do mods to your next car.

mhrebin said:
its not really practical to buy a setup like illuminas and some springs if you just going to sell the car.
i would stick with the KYB so you dont feel bad giving up the illuminas/springs, unless of course you were going to put the stockers back in.

if its going to be sold. go with stock replacements and do mods to your next car.

That's what I did, saved about 125 bucks, which is going into the fund for the new car. I just hope someone here can pick up those cheap illuminas.

I haven't looked for them, like I said, I'm going back to stock and already ordered my KYB's. I'm just comparing them to what the ebay seller is listing his eibach's at (155 if you buy with the struts, save 120 and shipping). But I'd imagine the illumina springs would be a bit more suited to this application.

I had these and never used them. My coilovers didnt fit on them! But I see this as a nice (small) upgrade from OEM. OEMs are KYBs anyway.

Chris

Back