KW Coils or Koni Yellows?

Quiksilver05

:
Mazdaspeed3
My 2007 MS3 just hit 50k and I have been on H&R springs for about 30K. It's time for some new suspension. My local shop here has the KW Coilovers V1 and the Koni Yellows Sport Struts (to go with my H&R springs). I was wondering which way to go or any opinions on these?? FYI, It's my daily driver and I rarely use it for track.

if you have the cash, and you would like the ability to set your own ride height, get the coilovers.

if you like the ride and stance you have now, get the koni's.

I am probably going to go with the Koni's. Another local shop here has them plus 20% off and no tax if I pay cash for $540 for the whole set. I might have to jump on this deal!

Last edited:
I am probably going to go with the Koni's. Another local shop here has them plus 20% off and no tax if I pay cash for $540 for the whole set. I might have to jump on this deal!

I love my Koni Yellows with Eibach ProKits and $540 is a great deal! Mine is a daily driver and autocross car; the Koni's have been great for both, though i wish you could adjust the rear shocks on the car.

I just picked them up! Whats a good setting for keeping it a daily driver?? I think the setting is already on the softest.

for daily driving, i'd say full soft. I have my fronts full soft in the front, but almost full stiff in the rear...which can get a little bouncy. In the near future, i'm pulling the rears off so I can set them maybe a 1/2 turn off full soft. For autocross, I stiffen up the fronts, but always go back to full soft for day to day driving.

Technically the rebound setting should be matched to your spring rates. But the reality is most people set them at what is comfortable. Mine are a full turn off soft.

KONI Yellows, stocks completely shot at 50.7K miles

Just yesterday I changed my completely busted-up, leaking(eek2) stock rears with KONI Yellows,... BUSHINGS on KONIs are about 2-3times larger then stock. Awesome ride... Stiff but not harsh like when the stocks were new. FYI i dont know how effing stock rears last only 51k mi(wtf)! Must be mine constant "pro-active" driving(whistle).

Stock instruction for hardness are not very clear... use this setting.. its about 75% stiffness. Compress completely and release, should take 12seconds. MAX was about 18seconds but would be probably too harsh. (fyi)From-Box-setting was 8 seconds to fully expand. MUST BE completely compressed in order to adjust.

Just yesterday I changed my completely busted-up, leaking(eek2) stock rears with KONI Yellows,... BUSHINGS on KONIs are about 2-3times larger then stock. Awesome ride... Stiff but not harsh like when the stocks were new. FYI i dont know how effing stock rears last only 51k mi(wtf)! Must be mine constant "pro-active" driving(whistle).

Stock instruction for hardness are not very clear... use this setting.. its about 75% stiffness. Compress completely and release, should take 12seconds. MAX was about 18seconds but would be probably too harsh. (fyi)From-Box-setting was 8 seconds to fully expand. MUST BE completely compressed in order to adjust.

Thanks bro I'll have to give it a try. I am thinking of keeping it in the middle or like you said 75% (eyeballs)

Latest posts

Back