kumho ecsta asx

mp5acp

:
Red MP5
hey all, has anyone purchased kumho ecsta asx for there p5 (195 50 r16)
just wanted a general opinion

Thanks in advance

have them on. Good all year tire. Just make sure to rotate ever 5k . Besides thats im pleased with them.

It's a decent tire but don't listen to the treadwear rating, it's not quite accurate. However, that could just be me, overall great tire, but has a bit more flex compared to stock dumbflops. Steering response isn't as quick as the dunlops either. I must say I like them but I'll be putting on Pirelli PZero neros next weekend and hoping for even better.

This is my fourth set of tires and I am very pleased with them.. I like them in the rain, in the snow and when its dry.

I just ordered a set so I'm hoping for the best. They seem to get alot of flack for uneven wear with some people but other than that seemed to be the best choice for me.

I had 'em on my Maxima, and liked 'em. Never got to use them in the snow, but they were good in rain and on dry pavement.

I've had the ASXs for about 6 months. Compared to the stock Dunflops they are amazing in the rain and much much quieter going over bumps. A big improvement for not a lot of money.

I liked them, except for the low treadwear. My Falken Azenis RT-215 lasted longer, and they had a 200 treadwear rating. I am currently running the Ecsta AST.

i've had them for about 4000 miles on my ES, and i love them. they don't stick quite as well in the dry as the stock Dunlops, nor do they have quite the steering response; however, they're quieter and light-years better in the rain. and the dry performance isn't too far off. haven't had them in the snow yet, but they have to be better than the dunlops.

for the price, i couldn't be happier. i'd rather have had the P Zero Neros, but not for twice the price.

I had the same struggle, came between these or the P-zero nero.
In the end I chose the P-zero. Yes, alot more money. But, if you look at the reviews and comments for the two tires on TireRack etc... they are overwhelmingly more positive for the Neros. And look at the cars people put them on - all high-performance, and typically expensive cars. The kinds of cars that are driven by anal a$$holes. I figure if they are getting good comments by those folks, then they must be worth osmething. And i know myself, as mouch as I'd love to stay on top of rotation, maintanance etc, I know it just won't always happen... so I'd rather just not have to worry about it as much.
After ~500 miles, I'm definitely happy with them. We'll see in about 10k.

FYI, I got my Neros installed at Discount tire for $130 each, that includes everything and a hazard warranty (discount Tire includes this automatically).

Back