Kudos 4 Progress Rr Sway Bar

i12drivemyMP5

<<<<<<< >>>>>>>
Contributor
:
-- 03 P5 / 23 CX-5 --
Installed a Progress 21.5mm rear sway bar this past weekend. Fits like a glove, works like a charm. Car is only lowered 1.3 all around so went with factory endlinks & still have factory struts. If endlinks break then I can justify getting better ones. If the endlink tabs break off strut or the oem struts give up then I can justify getting the tokicos. Didn't even jack car up. Endlinks came apart with no soaking or hassle whatsoever. They weren't even in a bind - just pushed them right out. Snaked on under & busted loose the bushing mounts, dropped bar, greased up new bushings, popped the new mounts back in place & connected endlinks back up no problems. Big improvement, no noise, no clunking, all good. All mods should go this smooth.

The Progress sway bar is pretty nice. I had to replace my endlinks with AWR ones for the miata though.

Was that due to how much car is lowered or because you couldn't get them off due to krustyness or both?

i agree all installs should go that smooth. the bar was a great improvement for me too. Its good you were able to reuse your endlinks.

My car has tanabe grip feeling springs which dont even lower the car more than an inch. However the bar was hitting my control arms with the stock endliks, so I bought the AWR miata ones and it works fine!

I had my concerns after you said in another post you had to use those but I figured we may have different drops. It seems like 1.5 to 2 or more might push the control arm into sway bar making the shorter ones necessary. I went ahead & tried it out to see where I was at with it & was prepared to keep oem bar on if it was not right but it fit.

I ran across it on ebay looking at other stuff, got it for 140.00 w/shipping & insurance.

I have Tokico Illuminas with Eibach Pro's and when I when to install my Progress swaybar with OE endlinks they hit big time. There was enough room to drill another hole in the strut tab to make them work though. No rubbing or banging... very pleased. Get good drill bits though...

I put mine in about 3 weeks ago. It was one of the cheapest upgrades I have gotten for my car. I got mine for about 125 shipped and installation took like 10 mins. It's nice that this kit comes with everything needed. Glad it went well for you too.

they should work with any springs. I just ordered mine off ebay for $140 shipped. I sold my RacingBeat 20mm one and will be replacing it with the Progress 22mm bar.

Resurrected!

Have had the bar for a couple of months, working great, orig endlinks phine, no clunking, no squeaks, nice grip. Great product so far.

I just received my Progress today and will be installing it on the weekend. If I need new endlinks Im not going to be happy - something else I will have to order. For what I have paid in shipping getting things sent from the Us to Australia I could have had a holiday in the US.

Ok, you Progress lovers--how easy is it to break your rear tires loose with that fat bar? Does it get pretty loose in the winter? How's the handling through a double lane change maneuver, and in steady sweepers?

Never have broke tires loose - yes,tried. I don't have winter. Handles fabulous wherever whenever.

Back