Knockoff BOVs

Nosaj

:
MS6
I just ordered and installed my silicon fittings from http://www.siliconeintakes.com/ for my ATP inlet. They were great and half the price of ATP. While poking around this site has all kinds of stuff the air to water ICs are interesting and inexpensive. But the big thing I noticed is their knock off bov/bpv are freaking 40 bucks. Has anyone used one of these? The have a decent article about the operation and myths so they have a good understanding of how they work. I think Im going to snap one up when I can monitor my car and test the differences. Toying with getting the kiwi wifi adapter and the Rev app for my iphone. Tax return is going to be fun!

BOV technology isn't difficult or expensive to mimic. In the end, it's just a check valve. It will likely carry out the action required, but it isn't likely to perform as well. If you've got a stock BPV, stick with that. $40 is $40 and could probably be spent better elsewhere.

Or you could just paypal me your $40 and call it a day... It will acomplish the same result... (read no discernable performance increase)...

Or you could just paypal me your $40 and call it a day... It will acomplish the same result... (read no discernable performance increase)...

You crack me up, man.

To the OP: He's exactly right. It will accomplish the same result.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back