knock/banging noise when accelerating/ deceleraton

_ERIC

the car is and 04 mazda3 HB with the 2.3 and 5speed
the noise itself isnt coming from the motor itself, more from the area around the motor. im thinking that the rear mount is the issue. the upper passenger mount was replaced but the rear hasnt. the nosie happens when you coasting and the punch it and let off on hard acceleration. i looked at the rear mount wand it looks to be in ok shape. could it just be very soft? im considering buying the corksport insert if this is the problem. thanks for any help

Is it just like one loud bang/knock and the moment of acceleration/decel.? This sounds weird....probably why no one has responded lol

it sounds like that but not at idle, Its when your strating out from 0-4 mph. it 4 very quick banging noises then its quiet when accelerating through the rest of the gears. I had the car up on a lift and what i found was the axle that drives the right wheel has a support that has a bearing in it and it is connected to the engine block, there is quite a large amount of playin that bearing. i feel like that might be the issue, but im not 100% sure. Dose anyone know what this part is called? I want to say an axle support bearing. ill take a picture next time i have the car.

Back