kLUNK FIX PROTOTYPE TESTED!

Ok, just want to keep everyone who is interested abreast of the progress. Prototype "a" was installed Thursday of last week. How nice it is not to have the noise! I knew it would eliminate the clunk and make the whole car feel more solid, and I thought it would increase the rear roll stiffness, but man does it ever rotate now!!!!! Stock bar remember. Those of you who think you may need a bigger rear sway bar, do this first. The bar is working more in torsion and is really doing it's thing. The end links are the DELSING billet anodized pieces which helps also.
I will have some pics probably by the end of this week. The poly bushings are lubricated with a special product provided by Loctite corporation. My previous experience with the poly bushings and this lube was quite good, I expect the same here. The unit looks awesome, I had some Protege guys from the New Orleans area look at it this weekend. They liked what they saw.
They liked even more when I took home a second place, by 0nly 0.10 seconds, trophy in STX! Yes, I went after the big guns, with no other mods except shaved 225 toyo t1s, with 7.5 wide Hart race wheels. The winning STX was a modified BMW m3! The other competion was a modified WRX and other BMW'S
I literally had to learn to redrive the car! I was now powering through turns instead of waiting for the understeer to settle
Prototype "B" will be ready for someone to test soon. Thanks again for all the support and the good Lord for a clunk fix with extras!!!!!!!!

Godspeed!
Dave
www.delsingmotorsport.com

Great to see progress Dave!! (wow) This is great news. can't wait to hear the continued 'goodness'!
Now with prototypes starting, do you have any idea on tentative or guesstimate pricing?

thanks again from everyone with bowling balls in the trunk that we can't seem to get out :D

hell yeah! hook us up!

you need to make a "one size fits all" bracket for all the 3rd gens, but offer different size bushings for us all... I would like to have this first before I even get a sway bar (no money)

DAVE I WANT THIS AND WILL PAY FOR IT NOW!

(oops, sorry, my "ENTHUSIASM" lock was pressed...)

Let us know! And thanks for the development work!

-L Dixon "ping"

if u need anything tested, let me know- i live in michigan. lol. thats a pretty dayum good test.

Thanks for the response. Yes it will be able to work on all third gen cars, just need to know the bar size for proper bushing inner diameter.
Pricing right now is being reviewed in regard to demand. It is very hard to estimate potential demand. Initially I am thinking of 25 kits, being able to ramp up quickly if needed. Quantity brings the price down of course. This is what I will be working on the next few weeks. My goal is to make this affordable for all, without compromising quality.

Godspeed!
Dave
www.delsingmotorsport.com

I was getting ready to design and make my own polybushings for the forum...guess you beat me to it. I'm down for a set...I have the 19mm AWR bar

Yes, great news the clunk is driving me mad now. It took 19-20k miles to get here but man does it ever suck when it arrives.

Is this a problem with both 03 and 03.5 models? Is it random, or does it affect all MSP's? I'm about to purchase a 2003.5 this week, and if there is anything I need to watch out for when selecting the car I'd love to know ahead of time =)

A car will take about 2000 miles to develope it. They all have it or will develope it.

So I take it this prototype is the only fix available (well, almost available)? If so, definitely sign me up for one =)

Nice work, With colder weather I am just starting to clunk now too. Keep up the good work and the handling bonuses make this even better.

If you need yet another tester I am willing just like all the other guys, I can give it a good hard run around HWY 9 in the santa Cruz mountains for ya ;)

ah so this is not the replacement mazda is releasing. Sounds like it may be a better product anyway, even if it does cost money. I'm not sure I can rely on mazda to fix the clunk permanently.

Back