KLDE possible buy

Tetsubo

Contributor
:
2013 MS3 w/ Tech
I was poking around cl for a car possibly for my gf. Ended up coming across a klde swap. Was wondering if anyone knows of the build and if possible what information should I be armed with if I go and look at it. I understand the klde and klze are different hp. Is the de worth the possible money?

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/3765966063.html

Well for one the guy doesn't know what he's doing from what I read

Klde was in the us Klze was everywhere else to my knowledge, he says motor is from Japan

Motor is not tuned. He is just using a adjustable fpr which is simply cheating out which makes me question forged internals

He doesn't mention if its a fseries or g series trans ( mx3 had both huge differences in them)

He insinuates it was hard to make the motor fit when it's just 626 v6 mounts and it bolts right in.

I'm not familiar with some of the terms. What is an adjustable fpr and how would it affect.the internals? I'm also not clear on the different transmissions, I will have to do some reading. It would be nice to have a way to contact this guy...

Adjustable fpr will let you adjust the fuel pressure, most are rising rate which used the engines vacume system to raise and lower fuel pressure. Basically as positive pressure ( boost) goes up so will fuel pressure which means more fuel going into motor. Most people use this on budget builds that go over budget and its a way to cheap out, it's not consistent at all and should still be tuned. But people still use them to tune with mild set ups, if I had an engine with forged internals I damn sure wouldn't be using just that set up

F series transmissions are about as weak as the stock fsde rods, I've read people can break them at the 200-250 whp mark. G series is a bit stronger and good for up to 350 before it starts shredding gears. G series would be fine for that setup, and if it is an fseries you can easily swap them out

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure this car is ihone's p5. I recognize some of the pics from his kl build thread. I this is the case the. Message the guy and see what happens. Maybe he'll tell u what's wrong ;p lol

it is mine - testing the waters to see what's selling these days.

Tweety - dude....you really need to verse yourself in what things are and how they fit together before trying to smear someone's work. I don't need to prove a goddam thing to you.

Well for one the guy doesn't know what he's doing from what I read
***I built this car with my own 2 hands. I know everything that's gone into it - as I put it in. You apparently don't know quite as much as you'd like to think bud. You've made quite a few dumb remarks on this board with regards to others' builds - and it's out of pure ignorance that you even have to pipe-up.
Klde was in the us Klze was everywhere else to my knowledge, he says motor is from Japan
***negative rumprider - KLDE motors that came with square intake ports were used in the xedos in the JP market (not to mention - the KLDE has been used all over the world - not just in the US market as you seem to insinuate). I have the actual bill of sale, the vin number for the car it came from, and the shipping label that shows all customs transactions, all signatures as it made its was from a Japan port all teh way to my doorstep.***
Motor is not tuned. He is just using a adjustable fpr which is simply cheating out which makes me question forged internals
***the forged internals were 665 total for the bunch of them from a seller on Probetalk. The rods and pistons are all that are listed - the headgaskets were my own find. Using an FMU is just another way to get fuel to match the air. Just because it's "old school" doesn't mean it doesn't work.....afterall - we're talking about a motor that was from 1994. With regards to the "tune" - I've set the base fuel pressure to accomodate a 11.2 AFR at full tilt - which means it runs a lil rich. Yes...gas mileage is a bastard - but with the work I've put into the engine itself - it won't blow due to being too rich....if it went lean....well.....I'd hope even you would know the price that would need to be paid. I have the megasquirt back from DIYAutoTune which I sent to them after building it to inspect it. I blew the first one up due to my own mistake of having some wiring that shorted on teh firewall and burnt it up - so this time I wanted to ensure victory. It's ready to drop-in but I just haven't taken the time to do it.
He doesn't mention if its a fseries or g series trans ( mx3 had both huge differences in them)
****really? The F-series trans won't even bolt up to the KL motor...different bellhousing spread. You really should do some homework.
He insinuates it was hard to make the motor fit when it's just 626 v6 mounts and it bolts right in.

Last edited:
First off it was on Craig's list and we all know how much bs is on Craig's list.

I have no excuse on the actual motor. My ignorance never said I was 100% correct on that

I'm sorry that you're the cheap bastard that uses an adjustable fpr to tune a car rather than at the very least getting a used $80 safc. Once I read that I would assume ( being Craig's list) that the internals were a lie. I've seen multiple people buy things like that

And as for the trans I have done my home work, obviously you need to. You can very easily swap the bell housings g and f series are interchangeable

I would also like to know what dumb remarks I have made other than rars build which is simply retarded. Never once did I ask you to prove anything to me.

I could say much more I just pointed out the issues I had with a Craigslist ad. I'm sorry for voicing an opinion that you took offense to on a public forum. Do yourself a favor and don't join Honda tech

I Joined this forum much like you - and your ignorance still shines kiddo:

and I quote He doesn't mention if its a fseries or g series trans ( mx3 had both huge differences in them).
You apparently need to do the homework dude - you don't even know which transmission will bolt up to the KL platform....or was that miswording on your behalf too?

Craigslist ad or not - you didn't know it was mine. You opened your mouth and I stepped up to offer some explanation for the OP, but not for you. You can keep your opinion..he asked for facts about the build, about what info is necessary to ensure a good buy, and whatnot. Not a biased opinion from some freak that apparently can't keep his trap shut....

Speaking of honduh-tech....this is the kind of s*** they do there. Maybe you should look at your subscription....I'm sure there's loads of threads you can troll there.....

ps - almost forgot to address the SAFC comment - SAFC won't work on this engine. Possibly.....just maybe....you could be wrong there too? I'm cheap where I can be, but not where I don't need to. the FMU has worked for ages.....it's how they used to s/c and t/c cars in the mid-80's and 90's until standalone eCU's were predominant. Once again - I have the MSII v3.0 that can be placed with a few hours of work - I just haven't put it in since I sent it off to DIY. Or.....did you forget to read that also.......?

Last edited:
ahhh - it isn't worth continuing this.

I'll be the adult here and call yield. Tweety you win.

To the OP - if you have questions about it - call me. I see you're from Houston so meeting up or chatting about how it went together and what was used (parts-wise) should be a breeze.

Latest posts

Back