kinda a dilemma

as with what most have suggested, keep the P5 and get a miata. I would spend some time on www.miata.net doing research figuring out what year miata i would want and the upgrades i would want to do. The miatas are fun cars right out of the box and it doesn't take much to improve the joy of driving. As for top down in the winter, windows up, heater on, and skull cap on it is quite toasty in there. I've got a few websites for parts and such bookmarked I could send your way if interested:)

You can always ride around with Oleg or Bruce this winter with the top down, windows up, heater on, etc... and see how if you can handle it. Almost like a try it before you buy it kind of deal.

As far as putting the P5 to stock... Obviously you won't get all your money back, but I am sure you will get a decent chunk of what you paid for it back. It all depends on if you decide to go that route or not. If you do decide to go that route it will give you more to put down on the Miata.

I agree with most.. Keep the P5, as stock though, for a winter car and use the sale of aftermarket parts to make one mean Miata.

(woowoo)

Hey Mark i also think you should go back to the stock with the P5 and get the MSM. you should be able to make a decent amount back with the aftermarket stuff. i would actually be very interested in anything that would fit on to my MP3 i would really like to turbo, not sure if those parts would fit on mine (hippy)

there's a beautiful '02 in NH on the miata.net site:D as well as a supercharged one in TN and a turbo version in NJ, just trying to be helpful(cabpatch)

Hey Mark i also think you should go back to the stock with the P5 and get the MSM. you should be able to make a decent amount back with the aftermarket stuff. i would actually be very interested in anything that would fit on to my MP3 i would really like to turbo, not sure if those parts would fit on mine (hippy)
ya, the kit woulf fit you car no prob..just a minor adj to the exhaust (your car is a little longer than mine)
there's a beautiful '02 in NH on the miata.net site:D as well as a supercharged one in TN and a turbo version in NJ, just trying to be helpful(cabpatch)
thanks!
Phil is selling this one....not sure if you saw the thread?

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123751036
nope...i'll check them out...prob won;t be buying anything till spring though

Get rid of the P5. Use the Miata year round. You'd be surprised how many winter days you can drive with the top down.
(peep)
very true. roadsters are more fun in the snow, the only time I had a problem was when there was about 10" on the ground and they didn't let us leave work, so I was out dodging snow plows.
I'm in the process of swapping to a full NB suspension, so I'll actually raise the car about 1/2" for extra suspension travel and ground clearance + inched up to 16"s.

I've been gathering parts, and the most expensive thing I've purchased was the rollbar.

You didn't write it down did you? You have to start writing these things down Mark so you don't forget. (hi)
i actually laughed out loud! i do forget some things now and then...so what is this post about anyway?(shrug)

ya so i remember now!!....going back to stock in the spring....i'll be selling every mod i have on and off the car (boxes still on the shelf!)
the rusting p5 with 140k miles will be relegated to winter beater status for as long as she holds out. my new whip, hopefully, will be a 08 mx5 hardtop with less than 20k miles..(cabpatch). .not sure what color though...maybe black? anyway, i can't justify spending anymore cash on the old lady....(sad1)

Sad to hear Mark, but at the same time a wise choice. If you need a hand wrenching or such just give a holla.

So instead of a clean meet we'll have a uninstall meet? ;)

Mark when you're ready to start selling let me know! the bumper, rear valance possibly hood! might be interested in the exhaust!

i actually laughed out loud! i do forget some things now and then...so what is this post about anyway?(shrug)

haha

ya so i remember now!!....going back to stock in the spring....i'll be selling every mod i have on and off the car (boxes still on the shelf!)
the rusting p5 with 140k miles will be relegated to winter beater status for as long as she holds out. my new whip, hopefully, will be a 08 mx5 hardtop with less than 20k miles..(cabpatch). .not sure what color though...maybe black? anyway, i can't justify spending anymore cash on the old lady....(sad1)

Good choice. Have you found any candidates yet for the new summer car? I'd be up for helping during an uninstall meet as well. Perhaps even swap a few parts onto my car. :)

You should consider listing your car as a whole Mark. Not sure what you would need to get to offset the benefits of the partout but you have a looot of stuff to take off....maybe you could trade it as-is for a lower mileage stock P5 (plus money)?

Back