Keyless entry

BigB

:
2001 Mazda MP3 #60
So my fob finally died this week.

Anyone know what the replacement cost is on one of these?

Luke, Muff said you know how to reprogram them?

So my fob finally died this week.

Anyone know what the replacement cost is on one of these?

Luke, Muff said you know how to reprogram them?

I know Korey can reprogram them as well. I have one from Gabi's 3 you can get. $45.

J/K $40

you can get them for $5-15 on ebay... I had the program instructions uploaded somewhere...hmmm

edit: found them

Attachments

• keyless.jpg
    keyless.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 179
Well, I guess that begs the question then, can you change the battery in the remotes?

I really think that is all that is wrong with mine.

yep, thats why it'd need a new battery, I used the original one in my current remote. Remove the key ring and there is a spot to pry the fob open exposing the battery. replace and let me know if you need this other one.

yep, thats why it'd need a new battery, I used the original one in my current remote. Remove the key ring and there is a spot to pry the fob open exposing the battery. replace and let me know if you need this other one.

(hand)

Taking it apart was easy enough... I just didn't think that you could from looking at it.

I'll be picking up a new battery on the way home tonight.

One more stupid question.....

I replaced the battery but no luck... do I now need to reprogram?

no, you shouldnt have to. I've replaced batteries on the key fob on either of our proteges and it always worked after the fact.

not being a dick but, Im guessing the battery is in there correct?

no, you shouldnt have to. I've replaced batteries on the key fob on either of our proteges and it always worked after the fact.

not being a dick but, Im guessing the battery is in there correct?

lol... as far as I can tell it is in there correct.... + facing up.

Back