Key fob / keyless entry

Luded

I just had a quesiton, we are considering buying a privately sold 2007 CX-7 GT AWD. The owner let us look at the car today. When he came out to unlock the car he used the slim credit card looking device with the mazda logo on it to unlock the car.

Does the CX-7 come "regular" alarm type key fob's ? and how many would there be ?

I would assume that theres at least 2 key fobs for keyless entry and "1" of those credit card type of remotes ???

I didn't ask about the remotes as i assume he has them but just grabbed the black credit card keyless entry remote to unlock and lock the car.

thanks, sorry for the stupid question

I just had a quesiton, we are considering buying a privately sold 2007 CX-7 GT AWD. The owner let us look at the car today. When he came out to unlock the car he used the slim credit card looking device with the mazda logo on it to unlock the car.

Does the CX-7 come "regular" alarm type key fob's ? and how many would there be ?

I would assume that theres at least 2 key fobs for keyless entry and "1" of those credit card type of remotes ???

I didn't ask about the remotes as i assume he has them but just grabbed the black credit card keyless entry remote to unlock and lock the car.

thanks, sorry for the stupid question
I think when you have keyless theyre is no "key" fob like the ones without it. There is a key built into that credit card like piece of plastic though for the glovebox and doors.

That Credit card like thing is all you get. You do get 2 of them. They are part of the Advanced key system. Which is part of the technology package. So this car must have had Navigation and the backup camera as well.

The way the system works is that you put the card in you pocket. Then you can walk up to the car and press one of the black buttons on the outside of the car (driver, passenger and rear hatch) and the car will communicate with the card in your pocket and unlock.

Once inside the car you can just turn the ignition, the key card stays in your pocket the whole time.

There is a metal key inside the key card that can be used for the arm rest lock and if the key card malfunctions for some reason.

Umm - I disagree... I got TWO credit-card-sized Keyless entry units... AND two FOB-style remotes. The FOB ones have one button. Lock. And if you press it twice, it engages the remote starter. It does not unlock the car.

But yeah... I got two of each with my GT.

Umm - I disagree... I got TWO credit-card-sized Keyless entry units... AND two FOB-style remotes. The FOB ones have one button. Lock. And if you press it twice, it engages the remote starter. It does not unlock the car.

Thats the remote starter, I believe he is talking about the switchbade key, That they dont give us with the GT, I bought on off ebay, the key worked but I could not ge the buttons to work, neither could my mazda mechanic guy, He tried several tims and even called mazda support ( i was watching)

I have the remote start as well so I have both of those "remotes" as well. However since the remote start is an option that is independent of the Advanced key system I did not go in to that. His vehicle may or may not have that option.

As far as that remote fob is concerned, it will unlock the car once the car is started. Press it twice to remote start it. Then once it's started press it to unlock the drivers door, a second time to unlock all doors. If you press and hold it, the engine shuts off.

If you press and hold it with the engine off and the horn will honk several times to help you find the car.

You are supposed to also be able to be in the car with it running after having driven it, activate the remote start, turn the key off, engine will stay running, then get out of the car and be able to lock it while it's running. I've gotten all of that to work, except the car won't lock once i'm outside with all the doors shut.

I think someone did a write up on here somewhere on how to accomplish it. I'll have to check it out before the snow flies again.

Back