Kensun 5K HID Install 2012 Skyactiv

:
1993 Ford Tempo, soon to be CX-5
Well I pulled the trigger on an HID kit I went with a kit off Amazon from a company called Kensun. The kit seems nice enough and it looks like they have done a better job on the connectors since it is not just bare connectors in my box but an actual H11 socket to mate with the cars wire.

2012 Mazda 3 Hatch Skyactiv

Pictures:

Kit:
IMG_20120911_164757.jpg

H11 connectors, not bare wires:

NOTE: THE H11 CONNECTOR ON MINE CAME REVERSED SO I HAD TO POP THE CONNECTORS OUT OF THE PLASTIC HOUSING AND TURN THEM AROUND TO GET POWER THE THE NEW BULBS.
IMG_20120911_164817.jpg

New bulb installed:
IMG_20120911_165538.jpg

Ballast location and taped up, wipe down everything with alcohol to ensure good adhesion.
IMG_20120911_170117.jpg

Tucked away
IMG_20120911_170405.jpg

Other side:
IMG_20120911_171935.jpg

Ta done:

I still have to get a night picture since the blue isn't coming out during the day and I only had them on for a minute.
IMG_20120911_172346.jpg

Looks like it is pretty good quality, how much was it? Yeah, definitely post some night pics, one from the drivers seat and at least one shining on a wall. I am wanting to purchase a kit soon. So are you just saying screw your warranty? I am just trying to decide if its worth taking out every 7500 miles to take the car to the dealership to get maintenance done.

Also, is this the 35w 5k kit or the 55w? Did it come with the harness that will protect your wiring and fuses?

Looks like it is pretty good quality, how much was it? Yeah, definitely post some night pics, one from the drivers seat and at least one shining on a wall. I am wanting to purchase a kit soon. So are you just saying screw your warranty? I am just trying to decide if its worth taking out every 7500 miles to take the car to the dealership to get maintenance done.

Also, is this the 35w 5k kit or the 55w? Did it come with the harness that will protect your wiring and fuses?

It was $70.00 and free shipping from Amazon. It is a 35w 5k kit, I don't have auto headlights so my HIDs are not constantly being cycled on and off on start up. Therefore I have no need to use a relay/wiring harness since the bulbs will be getting full power when I turn them on manually. I did change out the stock 15 amp fuses for 20 amp fuses in case the ballasts need to draw more energy to start up, however I don't think they will.

Its been about a couple of months. How have these been? Any problems? Been thinking of picking these up as well. I had some ddm slim ballast on my last two cars with no problems but like the idea of just going through amazon. Looking to put these into the same car. Any installation notes? Thanks

Its been about a couple of months. How have these been? Any problems? Been thinking of picking these up as well. I had some ddm slim ballast on my last two cars with no problems but like the idea of just going through amazon. Looking to put these into the same car. Any installation notes? Thanks

No problems at all I am really pleased with them the 5K looks great too, it is a nice crisp white maybe a hit of some blue.

No tips pretty straight forward, I did have to reverse the connectors since they were shipped backwards but that is easy.

Hi everyone! Im sorry for posting in this really old thread, I am a noob and I don't know what else to do. I just recently got the same Kensun HID kit for my 2010 Mazda 3 (35w H11). I Read the instructions, installed everything, then went to turn on the lights, they came on but both died out after about 30-45 seconds. They killed both my 15A low beam fuses and my 20A hi beam fuse. I have replaced my fuses, but i am scared to try and re-install the HID's, in fear of blowing more fuses and potentially causing more damage.
If anybody could please help me out and let me know what I'm doing wrong or if I'm missing something, that would be greatly appreciated!

If you haven't, install a relay harness. The ballasts could be sending back amperage through the stock harness while trying to stabilize voltage. This is why I always recommend a relay harness with any HID system

Back