Kartboy Exhaust Hangers

Tasty

:
2003 Protege5
I am about to go with a Racing Beat system to replace the SR Motorsports I had that totally cratered at the muffler weld. Anyway, I was debating getting the kartboy hangers to go with it, but then started wondering what is the point of them? I know they're urethane vs. the stock rubber, but what is the reasoning/benefit of upgraded exhaust hangers?

They don't stretch as much. Aftermarket exhausts tend to be heavier, and stock hangers will stretch and possibly smack the system against your car or bumper going over curbs, bumps etc.... I got 'em and like em.

Well, they are very inexpensive...and they make your exhaust nice and solid...So you won't have the tip vibrating all over the place. With tips like the RB has, you'll only have a few millimeters of clearance around the tip, so properly centering it and holding it in place is an added benefit...

My word of advice would to also pick up some hose-clamps...like 1/2" size or so to put on either side of the hanger to really hold things in place....Zip-ties work as well.....and grease them up really nice to get them on....

You'll love the RB and KB hangers....Don't worry so much and just do it...

+1 They make a subtle but very nice change, especially bouncing around on the rougher back roads in the twisties.

Stupid question about install. Two of the hangers are labeled "10 MM" while the other two have what appears to be slightly larger holes and are unlabeled. Which two go front, and which two go rear? I don't think I've seen this come up before, but I want to do it right. Hoping the Racing Beat comes in tomorrow while I'm at work.

Can't tell you for sure, but when you take off the stock exhaust and hangers, match the length to the new Kartboys....and enjoy the RB..

I believe they are 10mm and 12mm. If I remember correctly the 12mm ones go on the muffler and the 10's go up front on the midpipe.

Back