Karma, luck, or bad timing (long)

boostisgood

:
1988 FC3S TII
What I mean is this. Do you belive in Karma ? Or Luck? Or fate even?

So, from a recent post, you all know I lost my Uncle a month ago, lost Aprils grandfather a 3 weeks to the day after my uncle, and as of Friday, April and I have split up. She has not been home all weekend, staying at her grandmothers.

Well, we have not really talked much since then, and I know we will have to, so we can sort out whats going with her, staying here ect ect.

I decided to go out last nite just down to the local bar, so I didnt have far to walk. My buddy called out of the blue, not knowing what was going on, so we decided to hit our old hot spot down in South Side. I got there first, and was greeted by the owner and handed my beer. The place was not terribly busy for a Saturday nite, and I noticed a blonde sitting at the end of the bar. I thought it was one of the girls I was friends with who used to bartend there, so I walked down to that side of the bar.

I stopped dead in my tracks. It was not my old friend but this beautiful woman sitting there, smiling at me with true kindness in her eyes. She was genuine.

I said hello, and Mike (the owner) introduced her as his new tender, Shannon. She was really cool, listened to me and Mike catch up, and my buddy when he came in. Like I said they were not busy at all. So we all sat around and shot the poop, and when the subject of April came up, she was seriously concerned about me.

Now, in all this conversation, she said she was finishing up SCHOOL for Nursing (Mind you there is a large shortage of nurses here in Pa and they make uber money) she is not really into going out and living the party girl life. She Loves cars (HAS a pretty sweet 240 she wants to swap an sr20 into) her grandparents live 2 blocks down from me, we know alot of the same people went to the same schools and so much more I cant even remember now.

Anyways, the down side, she is 22 Im 32 (not that its a BIG deal to me, Im just leery about younger women and thier need to party too much). We both just got out of long term relationships. We both goto school (not much time for social life)

It just seemed that we clicked though. There was a connection there, and I could tell she felt it too. I know I just broke up with my Fiance 2 days ago, but its just too ******* weird that the woman that Is my dream woman was sitting there.

Short of the long, buddy calls that I have not talked to in a few weeks, he said lets go to the bar, I walk in, stunned by the woman sitting there. We hit it off, clicked whatever you wanna call it. None of this planed by me, though about by me, not looking for anyone ect ect. Just wierd to me. Karma I guess.

I dont plan on pursueing anything with this woman, even though she did give me her #, Im just going to sit back for a while, play it safe. I will be friends with her, and not let myself get into a relationship for a long while. I need time for just me and my son.

Wow, all I can say is wow.

I say hang out with her more and see how it goes. Go to some car meets together, and build a friendship first.

In college my Philosophy Professor kept saying over and over again that there is no such thing as a coincidence. For some reason, you were meant to go to that bar that night and meet that girl... call it fate or whatever you'd like. But there is something to be learned from the experience, what that is I don't know. Only you can figure that out.

I'm truely very sorry for the hardships you've been through as of late with your relatives passing and also the break up with your fiance. But maybe it's for the best-- Your relatives are at peace now. No suffering. And you have a new opportunity to find the true love of your life. Maybe this new girl is "the one." (Age shouldn't matter. I know people who are more mature at 21 than someone at 40). Only time will tell.

Just be careful Craig....don't rule her out but it'll be tough to get anything started if your ex is still living with you for a couple of months. Also, I'd have the same concerns about her age as you do...just from personal experience.

Thank Girth. Im not looking to get into a relationship anyways. Im gonna call her this week and see if she wants to hit a local cruise as friends this weekend.

RacerChick, thanks much for the input. I like that prospective. :D

wait so is your ex and you relation completely over? like nothing's gonna work out? i don't wanna sound nosey or offensive just wondering since (I know high shcool relationship are nothing compared to "real life" but that's all i have to base it on) me and my girlfriend have had a couple real bad fights and some take a couple days but the longest was about a week, and we were the same couple like we were a year ago.
again i don't know how its like when merriage and other real life complication come into play, but just wondering if getting back together was a possibility cuz it seemed like that option's been completely ruled out

Also you may have a little of the "new car smell" complex going on... I mean, you just got out of a long term relationship and found someone you can talk easily with. Your emotions might be pushing you a lot further and harder than if you were to meet this woman while still happy in your relationship.

Basically, what i am saying is that I have good genuine moments with people quite often, but its only the certain times that i am open to meeting someone that i actually feel like I connected.

awsmp5 said:
wait so is your ex and you relation completely over? like nothing's gonna work out? i don't wanna sound nosey or offensive just wondering since (I know high shcool relationship are nothing compared to "real life" but that's all i have to base it on) me and my girlfriend have had a couple real bad fights and some take a couple days but the longest was about a week, and we were the same couple like we were a year ago.
again i don't know how its like when merriage and other real life complication come into play, but just wondering if getting back together was a possibility cuz it seemed like that option's been completely ruled out

She wants to move back home. (Her neighborhood is only 13 miles away, but takes 45 minutes no matter what way you go cause of lights and traffic) Her grandfather just passed, and she feels she needs to mve in with her grandmother to tkae care of her. This is also a big factor of her wanting to move. She also says that All I care about is me. Which at this point is true, because it have never been about me since we moved. ITwas alsways her.

Im sick of my house never being cleaned by her (Yes I do clean, and better and more then her) Im sick of being broke every paycheck because Im the only one who pays the bills, while she pays her car payment, cell phone and will come home with 200-300 worth of clothes on payday. There is not intamancy (sp) either from her. She has grown cold and well me being a man, I have needs and they are not there.

We have talked, fought, yelled, screamed, talked again about all this and just have gotten to the point that it cant be fixed. She will never change, and she knows this. IMHO, she is destined to be alone forever. I am the 2nd man she has lived with in the past 10 years and he threw her out for the same things. (I have met him and talked to him)

Its for the best. She came home last nite, and we actually talked, not fought. We also talked about alot of the issues she is having within her fam and other things.

Im glad we can still be friends, and both agreed that we are going to be adults about this, and deffinitly not start anything with anyone else Until she moves back with her Grandmother.

yesiownaskyline said:
Also you may have a little of the "new car smell" complex going on... I mean, you just got out of a long term relationship and found someone you can talk easily with. Your emotions might be pushing you a lot further and harder than if you were to meet this woman while still happy in your relationship.

Basically, what i am saying is that I have good genuine moments with people quite often, but its only the certain times that i am open to meeting someone that i actually feel like I connected.

This is why Im not going to pursue anything with this woman. I want time for myself and time to do ALOT of things with my son. We are going to Niagra Falls, he is gonna come to a few car shows with me, we are planning alot of cool things to do this summer.

I also want to finally build my car and not feel guilty for that all nighter to get something done on it. Not feel guilty that I spent my last free dime on getting something for it. I want to do alot of things to my house and not worry that someone else is not gonna like it. Im planning (and applying for the loan today) to do an addition of an OVERSIZED 1 car garage, with master suite above it. Im gonna put a lift in the garaged too (I get my shop rate and can get a great deal on a Mohawk lift or one from NAPA)

Basically, Im gonna take the time for myself. I will pursue a friendship with this woman, and let her know what the deal is. Im sure she is the same way right now as she just got out of a long term relationship herself. IF something does eventually come of it, then it will be that much better that we waited and became friends first, then if we just jump into something. :D

i'd say you're taking the right approach. be honest with her, let her know what your situation is and see how things go. also remember that if you do go on a date or 2 with her that it's not like you're bound to her forever, they're just dates.

and if things don't work out, i'm still 22 and not a creepy old man :p

Im not creepy. Well just a little. I dont look my age. (not sounding cocky or arrogant here) but I have been mistaken for 25-28 YO :D

i have a couple friends who are my age and dating people around 30, it's really not that weird. it's strange that it's always females dating older males though. we just make fun of them and say that they're dating senior citizens and whatnot, but really it's not that different

I know this may seem stupid, but it fits perfectly.

Here is my Horoscope from todays local Paper:

Scorpio: By the end of the week the world will be your oyster. Hang out with facinating people who breath an air of excitement into your life. Dont expect too much, too soon, from a special person.

WoW. I dunno man, this is a little too much for me right now. Well Off to work to see if I can break something :D

Back