K8 to kfze swap

Ftawizard

:
Mazda mx3
Hello fellow mx3ers quick question I have a 93 mx3 I believe it's a k8 engine I bought a jdm engine which is a kf do the basically just bolt right up with same tranny and ecu and wire harness or do I gotta swap something I only got that engine coz it was cheap and I need a car on the road ASAP as I sold my other mx3 for 3x what I paid for it..... The guy at Torontojdm said it's the same as a k8 but from what I understand it's different ..... Please help with what I need to put this in please I have read conflicting things about this engine and the guy at the shop said he has swapped it with a k8 with no issues but I just want to verify please and thank you

Yes, it will swap right in with no issues. Though EGR may or may not be blocked off in the back. They are basically the same motor just the KF is a stroked supped up version of the K8. It runs larger 2.0L displacement with larger intake manifold and KL31 camshafts. it's power output equals that of the 2.5L KLDE that many people swap. You can run your factory ecu, though if you got the KF with the motor that would be better. everything is bolt up the same as your K8. very easy to do.

Back