K4RT3OY SS and seat pics

traitorhound

powered by FLIP
I finally got around to installing my Kartboy SS/Bushing and exhaust hangars. they also sent me a cool ass kartboy beanie.

also i finally got pics of my new racing seats, got them in last week. they are so comfortable and hold my fat ass in so much better
DSCF0087%20(Resized).JPG
DSCF0088%20(Resized).JPG
DSCF0089%20(Resized).JPG
DSCF0090%20(Resized).JPG
DSCF0091%20(Resized).JPG
DSCF0092%20(Resized).JPG
DSCF0093%20(Resized).JPG
DSCF0094%20(Resized).JPG
DSCF0095%20(Resized).JPG
DSCF0096%20(Resized).JPG
DSCF0097%20(Resized).JPG
DSCF0098%20(Resized).JPG
DSCF0100%20(Resized).JPG
DSCF0099%20(Resized).JPG

Nice, that short shifter is Really, really short. the seats look very good too. much better than the covers.

lol i actually still use those covers, took em off my stock seats and keep them over these since i this is my daily driver, can't get nice seats dirty lol. ...

yea the kartboy ss is really short but the shift effort really hasn't changed and the shirts are really really short now. what sucks is that i didn't really notice a differnce between the kartboy bushings between the stock ones. . maybe its just me but oh well

traitorhound said:
the seats ran me 320 from www.airdynamicracing.com for the pair and i have the www.mmrusa.com brackets so it was pretty much a direct bolt in over the stock seats
dude, I really need those brackets. Couple questions. How much did you pay for the brackets... was it the full price of 120 each, or was it less. AND more importantly, what are you using for seat belts right now. I see now way to retain stock seat belt use without some modification to these brackets. Thanks for the help.

edit: Ok... I see the seat belt clip in this pic:

DSCF0097%20(Resized).JPG

question is, how did you get it to work. Thanks!

ok that lookds good but, my question is is it adjustable because i like the lenght of my shifter right now but i just want shorter throws.... ne help?

SkinnyJoint said:
ok that lookds good but, my question is is it adjustable because i like the lenght of my shifter right now but i just want shorter throws.... ne help?
hmm. . . i would say then the kartboy would not be your choice. . i would look at another option (b+M) as i heard that that shifter shortens the throws and is the longest of the short shifters ive read about

lasermp5 said:
dude, I really need those brackets. Couple questions. How much did you pay for the brackets... was it the full price of 120 each, or was it less. AND more importantly, what are you using for seat belts right now. I see now way to retain stock seat belt use without some modification to these brackets. Thanks for the help.

edit: Ok... I see the seat belt clip in this pic:

DSCF0097%20(Resized).JPG

question is, how did you get it to work. Thanks!
hey man, you should come up to the jax meet on saturday if your free. . .ok that was my shameless plug to try to get more people to go

um for the seats, the seats measured 11.5 x 16 as the bolt mounting holes and that lined up exactly with the brackets i got (the mmrusa brackets come in two different sizes, it was luck of the draw that they worked right)

i bought the brackets for 175 shipped off of another member when he got new corbeau seats with brackets. i believe they are normally 136 + shipping from darkstar racing (MMRUSA.COM) so i felt that i got a good deal and they bolted right in (well almost, had to grind a little bit with the dremel to not force fit it)

as for the seatbelts, yea you can reuse the stock ones. i dont want 4 pt harnesses as of yet as they are pain in the ass to use everyday and would probably just get in the way or even worse, cause me to not wear my seatbelt (i hate doin that, i had to do that in a friends car that had corbeau harnesses, they really suck for short trips)

-rich

toucci said:
nice

stick the kartboy logo on the knob and get a new boot and you'll be set
yup, the logo is already on. i took that pic like right after i installed it. as for the boot, my dad is going to make me one over christmas break so i should have a shorter Leather 4 seam boot by january

alright man i guess i will lookinto it when i decide ima do that, but yea for the p5 i couldnt see a shorter stick on there i love where its at, just the throws are ridiculous. thx

wow, I never realized exactly how short the lever is not just the throw. I'm a pretty tall guy and have my seat all the way back, I'm thinking that having it that low might be a stretch to reach to every day. Any thoughts?

That Kartboy shifter will be perfect for me once I get it...I'm short and sit up close anyways, so I have to actually hold my arm back a bit to shift..even though it doesn't take much height off the MSP shifter, it'll be enough to make me happy..lol...Those seats look really nice man, I'd leave them uncovered, and just Scotch Guard them, but thats me. With the SS, how do the shifts feel? Crisper, shorter, firmer...and(Rice boy question) does it make that sound you hear in FnF(Punches self in head), I had to ask...well, the car looks tigh on the inside now, I hope you like it...cause I know I do!!

i got the kartboy ss and bushing and i love it... lol my gf sat down and tryed puttin it in gear (car was off) and she struggled lol. i love the i guess "hardness" of putting it into gear and i love driving with it im am soo glad i got it

it's like that metal clicky sound Emode...it's weird..I just wanted to know, cause I'm not a fan of the noise, as it would interfer with my stereo noise(when on a normal/low setting and my talking to people and stuff)

rwvault15 said:
wow, I never realized exactly how short the lever is not just the throw. I'm a pretty tall guy and have my seat all the way back, I'm thinking that having it that low might be a stretch to reach to every day. Any thoughts?

yes this is a possibility. I'm 6'0" but with long legs and the shifter is a bit of a reach as it is. I've missed 3rd a couple of times because I had tilted the seat back a bit to relax

Back