K&N SRI for my Mazda6 2014 just arrived !

supern0va

After wondering if I would get a Corksport, a JBR or a K&N SRI I finally placed an order for the K&N.
I received it today and will report as soon as I have the time to install it and test it. (Should be this week)

Shipping was ultra-fast to Canada from KNFILTERS.CA (Next day!)

Note : My Mazda6 is a pre-march 2013 build.

are you getting any ultra racing stuff they just released a bunch for the gen 3 m6

K&N Intake installed - Skyactiv Mazda6 2014

I installed the intake this morning. Wow, the car really breath more easily.
The additional "Roarrr" is good. The engine definitely feels sportier.

Did a 2 hour ride and everything is smooth.
No cell, jerky 1st-2nd or rough idle. Highly recommended.

Will update in the next few days / week.

Before :
before.jpg

After :
after.jpg

That filter will not flow any better than the OEM filter (OEM filter causes very close to zero pressure drop).
But it will plug up easier (need to be cleaned or changed more often), it will let more H2O into the intake if driving under extremely wet road conditions, it will let more abrasive grit into the intake especially when driving in extra dusty conditions under high rpm/high throttle conditions and your MAF sensor's accuracy will drift easier.

In short, there is zero performance advantage and in many respects it's a performance downgrade in the areas mentioned above.

But if the louder noise and "cleaned up" engine bay, LOL, is deemed desirable enough to outweigh the negatives, go for it!

I bought a used K&N Typhoon kit for my 2014 Mazda6... I had it in for about a week and finally took it back out. I couldn't stand the sound it made between 1,600 2,300 rpm... It was very "boomy" and just sounded like I had a hole in my muffler. I figured that I paid a decent amount of money for this car - Why make it sound like a high school kid owns it?
That being said, I did notice a bit more pull... But my gas mileage suffered about -3mpg. After reading that K&N filters do let more dirt into the engine, I finally had to just cope with the fact that I had made a bad purchase. Perhaps my results are not typical... but the downsides just weren't worth it. If the sound wasn't so awful, I may have kept it in...

Latest posts

Back