K&N question

I dont have this intake:......but there are couple members who do. I would say that the 25 hp gains are high...though 10-15 is prabaly easily expected. K&N makes goods good stuff and people reconize em them alot and dealers dont give you a hard time,so thats a huge plus. That being said its a solid intake and will give you better gains than stock,just dont expect 25hp. Also if you plan to buy it..get it off ebay..I see it on there for around 250..which is still alittle high..but better than 320-400 bucks you see alot online. Goodluck :)

leadf00t has a typhoon sri...maybe hell give you a review of it as well as pic of the engine bay since ive alwas carious on how it sits in there. :)

I have had it on the car since April, and have not had any issues with it. It is not very loud, and you can feel a difference from stock in the mid-range. It does not have an air straightner, but my ltft's are looking very good, now that I can monitor them live with the dashhhawk. My car has been to the dealer twice for oil changes, and they haven't said one word to me about it.

IMG_1223.jpg

The heat shield comes with the Typhoon. Doesn't completely seal off the filter but probably helps some. Plus it looks good and "cleans up" the engine bay. Installed mine in about an hour three months ago. No issues yet. Nice engine sound on acceleration without being too loud. A noticeable difference from about 3500 up, and seems to pull a little more towards 6000 instead of dropping off at 5500. Ordered mine from gotboostinc.com for $280 shipped.

Attachments

• DSCN0487.JPG
    DSCN0487.JPG
    800.3 KB · Views: 239
  • DSCN0490.JPG
    DSCN0490.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 249
Back