K&N drop in filter

njcx7

(drive2) does K&N make a drop in filter for the CX, or another mazda that would be same size as a CX? eventually i want a CAI but for now i'll do this. would a drop in filter alone make it sound meaner? ANY HP increase? i love the power, smoothness, but would like it to sound alittle meaner when i go zoom zoom.

njcx7 said:
(drive2) does K&N make a drop in filter for the CX, or another mazda that would be same size as a CX? eventually i want a CAI but for now i'll do this. would a drop in filter alone make it sound meaner? ANY HP increase? i love the power, smoothness, but would like it to sound alittle meaner when i go zoom zoom.

Same as Mazdaspeed 6. Has been reported the oil may not be the best thing for your o2 sensors. Ran one in another vehicle, got no real benefit, oil got dirty real fast though.

so was he..... theres oil in the air filter.... when u clean it you have to re oil it.. and sum times it screws with the sensors

i had a K&N filter charger on my talon turbo. i never oiled it even though they recommend it, and it was always good...i thought he was talkin about oil filter...my bad.
-so u have to re oil just a drop in filter...? if so, they're cheap, when cleaning needed i'll drop in new 1. or does the oil come in a new 1 which will screw up sensors anyway?

Mamas Ride said:
Same as Mazdaspeed 6. Has been reported the oil may not be the best thing for your o2 sensors. Ran one in another vehicle, got no real benefit, oil got dirty real fast though.

I don't think it's the O2 sensor, I think it's the Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF) it plays
havoc with. It's the sensor located right near the filter box on the intake.

Back