Just Wondering

sonkinglo

hey guys....i just wanna know will you turn off everything (cds, radio, a/c) when you turn your engine off?
i turn off everything when i turn my engine off, and then i turn everything back on when i start the car...and now i don't feel like doing that..i would want to just turn the damn key off and leave...getting lazy
what about you guys??

I've always done it that way. Why bother turning everything off individually when you have the luxory of just turning the key. The only adjustment I might make before I turn off the car is turn down my audio so I don't blow myself away the next morning when going to work. Other than that, why bother?

WHY? Why do you do that? I have no idea why you WOULD do that.......

I have been driving for longer than most of the club members have been ALIVE....and I have never bothered turning off any of the accessories, just turned to the car off...or back on...and GOOOO.

go ahead and get lazy.....its certainly not going to hurt anything.

When I first got my P5 (mind you, it is my first brand new car) I was anal about setting all the buttons, knobs, etc back to their default "Off" positions. But as time wore on (maybe a week!) I thought to myself, gee... I wouldn't adjust the drivers seat to the factory position every time I get out; why should I worry about everything else?!

Good call on turning down the radio volume though. I've amazed myself at either how deaf I must be getting, or how dumb I am to roll down all four windows and try to listen to music while driving on the highway. For those of us who pay attention to the LCD screen on the radio, I'd reccomend 3 or 4 volume "bars" as about as loud as you wanna go. Beyond that just seems like unecessary wear on the stereo components, items I don't plan to upgrade unless something breaks.

hahahaa..i don't know why i do that too....it is my first car...i think it's better to turn off everything before i turn the car off.... i have been doing that for like...um....since i know how to drive...that's like 4 years....because my parents do that too..hahahaaa...
luckily i ask you guys..so i can get lazy and just turn the damn key off and leave...but somethings...it's so normal to turn everything off and turn the key off..it's like a habit....anyway..i don't even know what am i talking about now
thx guys

The only thing I do is turn the A/c off before I start it up. Other than that I just leave it all on. :D

KYREDP5 said:
The only thing I do is turn the A/c off before I start it up. Other than that I just leave it all on. :D

Same here...all i do is make sure the A/C is off.

I have blown myself away many a morning with the Stereo blasting. Even scared the s*** out of my neighbors dog one day. Was parked in front of their yard and had Pantera in the CD player.

Who needs coffee when you have Pantera in the A.M.!
:D

Only thing I try to remember is to turn off wipers - not sure it's good for the blades for them to run after they're dry.

Yeah it's funny, when I got out of my car today I realized that the only thing I adjust is the A/C fan speed. Not always all the way off, just down from "4" so it doesn't blast hot air in my face next time I start 'er up.

Yeah it's been hot here lately... been cranking the A/C all the way up to "4". Hehe..

so you guys will just turn the a/c off before you turn your car off?? is it because the a/c will have bad smell if you don't turn them off like for 5 sec. before you turn the car off??

I turn off my AC cause in the morning, it's usually not as hot as when I turn my car off the night before, so windows down for a short period is better.

Most times I just turn the key and go, but now I turn everything off just to hear the intake whistle :)

Yeah, i just turn the car off and go. Never had a problem with that.

Once, in college, a buddy and I turned everything on and up in a friend's MGB. When he went out the next time to start his car, the radio about blasted him out of the car and he blew a couple of fuses. Other than that, he didn't have any long lasting probs. That car was a few years old and British, if it didn't mess up that car, ours should be fine.

When the temperature gets really cold (-10 F) I turn off everything when i shut the car off,,, it takes less a drain out of the batery when trying to start it in the morning.

houpro5 said:
Once, in college, a buddy and I turned everything on and up in a friend's MGB. When he went out the next time to start his car, the radio about blasted him out of the car and he blew a couple of fuses. Other than that, he didn't have any long lasting probs. That car was a few years old and British, if it didn't mess up that car, ours should be fine.

Man that must have been tough! My MGB only has four fuses for the whole car :) I know what ya mean though, their electrical systems aren't exactly the most robust.

When I had my Impreza I was adamant about turning the A/C off before turning off (starting back) the engine. I was the same way about my MX-6. But I began to notice that even when you start the car with the A/C switched on, it takes a couple of seconds after startup for the compressor clutch to kick in. So I never was really trying to spin the compressor with the starter.

But having a fan at 4 and a loud radio blaring is no fun at 7 in the morning.

That must of scared him when he first started his car .(boobs)

Sammie2003 said:

That must of scared him when he first started his car .(boobs)

Some "friends" of mine did that to me.

They:
- cranked up the stereo
- cranked up the A/C
- turned on the wipers
- turned on the turn signal

Not funny.

Back