Just wonderin

TexP5

Does anyone know, even roughly, how many Protege5's were actually built? I know it's not a small enough number to ever make them really rare, but just wonderin.

And I also know there are LOTS of European and Asian Sport20s etc. I'm talking about US/Canada badged P5's

I think butt load all varies by the one carrying it. A but load to a smuggler can equal about 100 grams but to an inmate it can equal a shank(just be careful putting it in yeah?)

I believe its a METRIC butt load....seeing as how our cars are made in Japan....I am pretty sure it would be Metric.

Just judging by the number of Protege5's I've seen in Arizona, Utah, Ohio, and practically every state inbetween the afforementioned, you'd think they were limited releases, or at least slightly under "a buttload", to be precise. ;)

Since I became interested in the P5s and bought one about a year ago, they've really caught my eye (all hatchback/wagons do now), so I always keep an eye out for 'em, and am really good at spotting anything that even resembles the P5.
I can honestly say in the past year, of living in AZ, Utah, and now Ohio and travelling between all those states, I've seen roughly only 20 or so P5s. Maybe I'm just almost never in the right place at the right time, but jesus, I could literally count on 2 hands the number I've seen over the past year all across the country! That's compared to like, over 500 Civics at least.
Does anybody have any sales figures for the P5 in North America or throughout the world? They are such sexy little cars at a good price, and all you ever see anymore is Honda civics...and other "bland mobiles". (dunno)

GordonJ said:
Just judging by the number of Protege5's I've seen in Arizona, Utah, Ohio, and practically every state inbetween the afforementioned, you'd think they were limited releases, or at least slightly under "a buttload", to be precise. ;)

Since I became interested in the P5s and bought one about a year ago, they've really caught my eye (all hatchback/wagons do now), so I always keep an eye out for 'em, and am really good at spotting anything that even resembles the P5.
I can honestly say in the past year, of living in AZ, Utah, and now Ohio and travelling between all those states, I've seen roughly only 20 or so P5s. Maybe I'm just almost never in the right place at the right time, but jesus, I could literally count on 2 hands the number I've seen over the past year all across the country! That's compared to like, over 500 Civics at least.
Does anybody have any sales figures for the P5 in North America or throughout the world? They are such sexy little cars at a good price, and all you ever see anymore is Honda civics...and other "bland mobiles". (dunno)
if you use this theory to determine it, then it is very rare cuz i only saw 2 driving from northern illinois to ft myers florida.

btw, a buttload is definitely a metric unit of measurement. see the chart below:

1 buttload = 1/2 assload
1 assload = 1/4 shitload
1 shitload = 2/3 fuckload

*any instance in which the term "whole" precedes the unit of measure, the said unit of measure automatically doubles. ex: 1 fuckload = 1/2 whole fuckload

protejay5 said:
if you use this theory to determine it, then it is very rare cuz i only saw 2 driving from northern illinois to ft myers florida.

Well, I mean "rare" as in not very popular or not widely driven to the extent of Civics or the Matrix.

As far as actual production goes, Mazda actually lists on their main page quarterly production and sales charts. Here is the link to the chart for 2003.
I've looked over the chart a few times for the Protege5, and the closest I've seen is "Familia (323,Protege)/Laser Lidea" listed.
It's obvious many of these cars are either labeled as something else throughout the world or there are many that are not released here.
Does the P5 fit under the "323,Protege/Laser Lidea" family? Otherwise, I don't see it listed at all.

Does anybody have any sales figures for the P5 in North America or throughout the world? They are such sexy little cars at a good price, and all you ever see anymore is Honda civics...and other "bland mobiles". (dunno)[/QUOTE]
This was my thinking too. I know that the production numbers must be pretty high, but where are they all?? And also, a Mazda Butt Load is much smaller than a Toyota or Honda Butt Load. We're talking Jennifer Aniston versus Anna Nicole butts here!

GordonJ said:
I've seen roughly only 20 or so P5s. Maybe I'm just almost never in the right place at the right time, but jesus, I could literally count on 2 hands the number I've seen over the past year all across the country!
damn, you have a lot of fingers!

j/k bud...I hear you. I may see one or two a day on my commute here in Chas. And that makes me happy.

TexP5 said:
This was my thinking too. I know that the production numbers must be pretty high, but where are they all?? And also, a Mazda Butt Load is much smaller than a Toyota or Honda Butt Load. We're talking Jennifer Aniston versus Anna Nicole butts here!
actually, no. units of measure cannot fluctuate and therefore must use the same table regardless of the automaker. however, the difference would be that, while there may not be enough protege5's to constitute a 'fuckload,' there is definitely a 'whole fuckload' of civics on the roads. i hope this clears up any confusion

1 buttload = 1/2 assload
1 assload = 1/4 shitload
1 shitload = 2/3 fuckload

*any instance in which the term "whole" precedes the unit of measure, the said unit of measure automatically doubles. ex: 1 fuckload = 1/2 whole fuckload

protejay5 said:
actually, no. units of measure cannot fluctuate and therefore must use the same table regardless of the automaker. however, the difference would be that, while there may not be enough protege5's to constitute a 'fuckload,' there is definitely a 'whole fuckload' of civics on the roads. i hope this clears up any confusion

(bowdown) (bowdown) This is the most educational thread ever!

Back