Just ordererd a 3s today

Hello, I just ordered a 3s 5-Door today (1-17-05). I've been thinking about it for almost a year now and finally did it. I'm on a business trip until April, so April is when I want to get it. I heard there was a fire at one of the plants in Japan, do you think this will affect me getting my car by April? What is the normal wait time? The dealer is not sure at all.
This is what I ordered;
Mazda3s 5-Door Velocity Red
ABS/SAB/SAC Package
Moonroof & 6 CD Package
Xenon & TPMS Package
Leather Seat Upholstery
Navigation System
Appearance Package 1
Cargo Mat
All-Weather Floor Mats
Compass/Outside Temp Auto Dim Mirror w/Homelink
Rear Skirt Diffuser
Wheel Locks

Thanks!

Congrats.

The fire at the Japanese plant doesn't affect Mazda3 production (Mazda3 assembled at another plant).

I've also moved this thread to the Welcome area.

Thanks Wongpres, I'm glad to hear the 3 was not affected. I'm more hopeful of getting it by April now. I also heard rumors that a large dealer will get preferential treatment for getting in ordered vehicles sooner than smaller low volume dealers. Im hoping this isn't true since the dealer I ordered from is very small.
Thanks!

Congrats...I don't think you could have gotten anything else packed into your car.. I do think you'll enjoy it.. :)

hworth18 said:
Congrats...I don't think you could have gotten anything else packed into your car.. I do think you'll enjoy it.. :)

Thanks! I'm already really excited about it and I only ordered it two days ago!

Finalrinse said:
Hello, I just ordered a 3s 5-Door today (1-17-05). I've been thinking about it for almost a year now and finally did it. I'm on a business trip until April, so April is when I want to get it. I heard there was a fire at one of the plants in Japan, do you think this will affect me getting my car by April? What is the normal wait time? The dealer is not sure at all.
This is what I ordered;
Mazda3s 5-Door Velocity Red
ABS/SAB/SAC Package
Moonroof & 6 CD Package
Xenon & TPMS Package
Leather Seat Upholstery
Navigation System
Appearance Package 1
Cargo Mat
All-Weather Floor Mats
Compass/Outside Temp Auto Dim Mirror w/Homelink
Rear Skirt Diffuser
Wheel Locks

Thanks!
CONGRATS I bought mine 1 month ago and i love it you'll enjoy it good luck peace

Thanks! I'm patiently waiting. I've started to pick up a few items, adjustable stubby antenna, and Sirius tuner/antenna kit. I'm wondering how long before I can get a VIN number, or any information?

As far as order time, I ordered my 3s in July of 2004 and got it December 23, 2004. However, mine was because of dealer error. after the order was cleared up it took a little less than three months, but could be different where you live.

Back