just installed injen cai

pedrump

Last night I installed Injen CAI I bought off GGKauten last week. My bro annd I started about 1:30AM, finished around 3AM. Installed it without taking front bumper off like Injen instructions tell you to. Can't tell if car is really faster, but it sure sounds nice. The first of a series of mods, this was a thanksgiving gift to myself. Sorry for this horrible english.

In the process, I found out there is a 100W subwoofer in my spare tire. Is this stock, or did the previous owner buy this?

if you dont have roof racks (you roof is flush with thin, flat black pieces on each side), then it is stock. im assuming it is.

I do have roof racks. I'm thinking the previous owner ordered a strange set of options. For example he (might have) got this subwoofer, and the electrochromatic (autodimming) mirror, the plastic trunk tray, and the ugly as hell roof rack. But he didn't think to get ABS....

well in 3.5 you could order the roof rack as an option...i just ifgured if you didnt have roof rack than it was definately factory, but im pretty damn sure (like 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999) that is factory setup on your car.

Since I don't have the sub w/ my car is it posible to get one from mazda(mine's a plain 03 model)? any probs putting it in since it didn't initially have one. is the sub anygood to begin with? or does another company make a sub for the "trunk".

the stock sub is nice....for a stock radio

but it does'nt really give you a lot of bump....it cant hit any low notes and make some very bad noises when it tries

the only reason my 03 still has it is because it doesn't weigh much

just instaLLed my black polish injen cai by my lonesome on thanksgiving morning while i had the turkey in the oven...i was little paranoid that i was gonna screw it up since i know crap about cars, but i think i did a pretty solid job...i kept the front bumper on as weLL...anyone know where i can get some red replacement hoses for the cai?!? i wanna add some color to my engine since it came with black hoses...also, i just had my racing beat cat back instaLLed today...damn, it's lovely!!! don't know what's next, but i'd like to do some cheap and simple mods that aren't too crazy...

pedrump said:
Last night I installed Injen CAI I bought off GGKauten last week. My bro annd I started about 1:30AM, finished around 3AM. Installed it without taking front bumper off like Injen instructions tell you to. Can't tell if car is really faster, but it sure sounds nice. The first of a series of mods, this was a thanksgiving gift to myself. Sorry for this horrible english.

In the process, I found out there is a 100W subwoofer in my spare tire. Is this stock, or did the previous owner buy this?

airzoomgp said:
just instaLLed my black polish injen cai by my lonesome on thanksgiving morning while i had the turkey in the oven...i was little paranoid that i was gonna screw it up since i know crap about cars, but i think i did a pretty solid job...i kept the front bumper on as weLL...anyone know where i can get some red replacement hoses for the cai?!? i wanna add some color to my engine since it came with black hoses...also, i just had my racing beat cat back instaLLed today...damn, it's lovely!!! don't know what's next, but i'd like to do some cheap and simple mods that aren't too crazy...

Did you just follow the instructions Injen supplied with the CAI then? Or did you have another source for info too?

I'm thinking about getting the injen CAI, but also know next to nothing about modding, and do NOT want to screw anything up.
On a scale of 1-10 (10 the hardest), how hard would you say installing the CAI was with no experience before?

For my K&N it was about a 2.5 for difficulty only because my back starts to hurt after a while of being bent over the car.

i knew absolutely nothing about instaLLing anything gordon...aside from using the instructions injen sent, i used this instaLL write up as a reference as weLL:

http://www.protege5online.com/Tech_Help/Injen_Tech/injen_tech.html

i opted not to relocate the overflow tank to where injen recommends...i used the location that protege5online suggests....i'd say it was about a 3 on the difficulty scale...had i not been so cautious or paranoid, i think i could've done the job in about an hour or less...

GordonJ said:
Did you just follow the instructions Injen supplied with the CAI then? Or did you have another source for info too?

I'm thinking about getting the injen CAI, but also know next to nothing about modding, and do NOT want to screw anything up.
On a scale of 1-10 (10 the hardest), how hard would you say installing the CAI was with no experience before?

Anyone know where i can get an INJEN CAI for a good price? Cheapest i found is $250 without bypass or splash guard!!

i bought mine thru hopupracing.com...prices as low as $196 (no splash guard or bypass) depending on the color...

mp5acp said:
Anyone know where i can get an INJEN CAI for a good price? Cheapest i found is $250 without bypass or splash guard!!
Watch eBay, they appear there from time to time for about $100-125ish. I got a used one on eBay for $130. Be sure and ask if EVERYTHING is still in the box/kit. People tend to leave the "vibra-mount" on the car they are putting back to stock, etc.

Back