Just installed Cobb SRI last night!

I might be blowing this out of proportion a bit but holly s***!! It feels like I gained at least 20hp and 20ft tq and the sound is just wicked! For $175.00 the cobb sri is something serious...

It is so wierd to hear such mixed reviews about this Cobb. Not that people haven't liked it, cause everyone has loved it. But most people are saying the power is hardly anything from what I remember. Either way, I'm ordering mine at the end of March.

It is so wierd to hear such mixed reviews about this Cobb. Not that people haven't liked it, cause everyone has loved it. But most people are saying the power is hardly anything from what I remember. Either way, I'm ordering mine at the end of March.

FACT: The power gained from the Cobb SRI is highly noticeable trust me. Yeah you need to oder this ASAP!

your car was probably running really rich and the cobb leaned it out just enough to feel good gains. congrats.

your car was probably running really rich and the cobb leaned it out just enough to feel good gains. congrats.

Thanks! Wish I would have dynoed mine stock so that I could have done a follow up dyno with the intake.. Oh well

Thanks! Wish I would have dynoed mine stock so that I could have done a follow up dyno with the intake.. Oh well

I'm so scared to dyno my car. I don't want to see the actual WHP of my car :(.. with the cobb it will go from like 225whp to 230whp.. But yea, anytime now i'll be ordering my baby!

I'm so scared to dyno my car. I don't want to see the actual WHP of my car :(.. with the cobb it will go from like 225whp to 230whp.. But yea, anytime now i'll be ordering my baby!

Umm I'm thinking slightly more than just 5whp...15 -25whp is what I'm thinking But then again it's like Driver311 said I might have been running extremely rich and the intake just did it for my car.

Im going to buy this intake im on the same boat as you.. my car is running really rich the plastic part of the bumper has alot of exhaust residue!!! Im hoping this intake will lean it out quite a bit.

did you reset your ECU when you did the swap? :D wait until the ECU learns your driving habits before you decide for sure if it's ALL due to the SRI...;) i love my cobb, but i've had it on for so long that i honestly can't remember what it was like without it anymore...

did you reset your ECU when you did the swap? :D wait until the ECU learns your driving habits before you decide for sure if it's ALL due to the SRI...;) i love my cobb, but i've had it on for so long that i honestly can't remember what it was like without it anymore...

I just disconnected the negative battery terminal. How do you reset the ECU

At a local road racing event I met another speed 3 owner whom was bone stock. We did several runs (starting in 3rd gear) from 45-100 on the long stretches of the course and I pulled on him every time and not by just a little bit, I'm talking about 3-4 car lengths. This wasn't on public roads. So yes the Cobb SRI makes a huge improvement in power. I don't think just an extra 5whp would have resulted in a beating that bad.

Last edited:
I just disconnected the negative battery terminal. How do you reset the ECU

ya, when you do that, it resets the ECU. initially, you will feel a bit more power, but it will tone down a little after the ECU learns your driving habits.

i'm not saying the sri didn't give you gains, but your initial impressions were probably amplified by the extra little bump that an unlearned ECU gave you.

ya, when you do that, it resets the ECU. initially, you will feel a bit more power, but it will tone down a little after the ECU learns your driving habits.

i'm not saying the sri didn't give you gains, but your initial impressions were probably amplified by the extra little bump that an unlearned ECU gave you.

Gotcha! So maybe we should all reset are ECU's before we run the 1/4?

Last edited:
Negative. The ECU will learn your driving style and make more power. Wayyy back when (haha) Sport Compact Car had a 2002 WRX that they had about 12K miles on. They dynoed it and got like 190 at the wheels (high for a 220HP car w/ AWD). They blanked out the ECU and re-dynoed and lost several HP. Take it FWIW, but IMHO a blank ECU will make less power than a learned ECU.

haha...i dunno about the 1/4. from my general feel, though, it's a peakier and less clean power delivery, so i'm willing to bet that if you dyno'd it, the unlearned ECU will have a harder power spike, but a less impressive torque curve (less area under the curve), which will actually mean crappier overall performance...:(

Negative. The ECU will learn your driving style and make more power. Wayyy back when (haha) Sport Compact Car had a 2002 WRX that they had about 12K miles on. They dynoed it and got like 190 at the wheels (high for a 220HP car w/ AWD). They blanked out the ECU and re-dynoed and lost several HP. Take it FWIW, but IMHO a blank ECU will make less power than a learned ECU.

the WRX and the MS3 are two different cars, though. from what i've observed, the results are as i stated in my post above: peakier and more spikey performance on an unlearned ECU...but with (what FEELS like) a higher peak than a learned ECU. regardless, it's better to have an ECU that's had time to learn the car's behavior, since it makes for smoother performance overall!

the WRX and the MS3 are two different cars, though. from what i've observed, the results are as i stated in my post above: peakier and more spikey performance on an unlearned ECU...but with (what FEELS like) a higher peak than a learned ECU. regardless, it's better to have an ECU that's had time to learn the car's behavior, since it makes for smoother performance overall!

This makes sense.

Anyways I was just on Cobb's website and apparently they tested the results of this intake on a "Mustang Dyno" and achieved 11whp and 16wtq over-stock.

Last edited:
Back