Just got my MS6

KayBeeshy

:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
Hey everybody....I picked up my 06 Speed 6 yesterday from a local Acura Dealer. Apparently the previous owner didn't want to drive manual anymore so he picked up a TL w/ an automatic tranny.

I traded my 06 s2000 for the car and feel I did reasonably well picking the car up for $19k with 23k miles. Its the GT w/ the moonroof....no Navigation.

Obviously it will take a while to get used to a heavier sedan...but I love the low-end power w/ the turbo. I've been a Honda guy (last 9 cars) so this is something different for me.

I'm probably going to keep it pretty stock for now....I thinking of doing something with the front grill, and maybe doing some wheels. Down the road I might do an intake, exhaust, and turbo mods...

DSC00713.jpg

DSC00711.jpg

Welcome! You are right, this is a completely different car but I think you will love it. It is a pretty awesome vehicle for what it is. As long as you accept its limitations you will not be disappointed.

Welcome! You are right, this is a completely different car but I think you will love it. It is a pretty awesome vehicle for what it is. As long as you accept its limitations you will not be disappointed.

True.

Welcome to the fold! I love the white.

Probably one of the few white cars that I like. Nice purchase and enjoy, this is a completely different world than the hondas.

<~~~~~~~~ Jealous....(fuoops). I wanted a white MS6 but since they were discontinued I went with the MS3. But deep in my heart I still want your car..... gotta show the wife how to drive stick so I can get her one lol. Nice choice man enjoy!

i hear an C.A.I makes the car sound a lot better so im thinking either the MS or the Fujitsu (sp.).....im gonna research if my car will pass CT emissions with the second cat removed and replaced with a test pipe....also thinking about corksport exhaust

i hear an C.A.I makes the car sound a lot better so im thinking either the MS or the Fujitsu (sp.).....im gonna research if my car will pass CT emissions with the second cat removed and replaced with a test pipe....also thinking about corksport exhaust

I'll let you know how the car sounds with the MS CAI, mine came in today and I'll be getting it tomorrow, and you bet i'll have it on ASAP.

I'd recommend the TWM Stage 2 shifter and a bypass valve. Forge is nice if you like the sleeper setup, but the Synchronic one is impressive if you want a BOV.

Crazy question, but if you can, could you please take a close up macro of where the RDX antenna attached to the MS6 base? I've got a CX-7 antenna, and it never seemed to blend quite right at the base... it kinda bunches up where the two meet. A million thanks in advance if you could!!

Back