Just Got my Laser Blue Protege5

GundoP5

This last weekend I bought my 2003 Laser Blue MP5 with Sportsautomatic and ABS/Side Airbags.

I'm very happy with purchase, especially because of the 0% financing... quite a deal.

Its a replacement for my 1987 BMW 325is which was totalled in accident last month... The car was the only thing I test drove that came close to the old rear drive beemer in handling.

Anyway... does anyone know what sort of ski rack I can get... I seem to be reading that the factory roof rails won't fit most ski racks...except a Yamaha Gear box which is a wee bit of overkill.

Greg

Hello Gundo, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to our Club. There are TWO BIG fridge'S in the corner with anything you can think of in them...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. (stash)

make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!! (stash)

sorry I can't help you with the rack question......we don't sky much here in Texas...at least not SNOW skiing! lol but someone will be along soon that can.

Thanks... grabbed something strong to get me through year-end reconciliation...

I think Thule makes a snowboard rack that will fit.... at least there website says it does... will head over to REI and find out soon...

What can I say... its Southern California so I need to start training for the Iron Man... Surf... Snowboard... Mountain Bike... Golf... all in one day...

Greg

i think with the ski rack...it will mount to the stock roof rack...but there are clearance problems when you open the hatch...i think some of the bike racks had this problem too...i still just stick my bike in back...

If you want to save some $$ you can go with a Barcrafter's (sp?) ski rack. My buddy has one and we have used it for years with no problems. They attach to factory racks. I have a Thule rack for my bike but in order to get a ski rack to work you would have to get the full rack, not the special bike rack they make for the P5.

Matt

i'm serious
last yr i paid 3200 for the rsx, then this yr the insurance is up to 4000,
i'm only 17 still in skool part time working
:p

Ouch, insurance is a killer. When I was 18 I was looking into financing a 95 Red RX-7 Twin Turbo. Could have pulled the payments but the insurance would have burried me!

Hey man, your insurance isn't bad, you guys in vancouver got it good :) My friend who drives a 330ci pays $12K cdn a year for insurance, and I pay $7k worth of insurance for both my cars. Luckily, my parents are registered as residents of Canada, otherwise the insurance guy quoted me $16k for both! It's crazy! Toronto has really really expensive insurance.

Back