Just got my 1st Mazda

Diomedes

:
2006 Mazda3 (Manual, 5 Door)
Very excited! Especially since all i drove before was a 04 Corolla and Echo automatic!

Just yesterday i got my black Mazda 3, 2006 hatch (97 k), MANUAL, with many of the cosmetic upgrades (sunroof, leather interior). Other than abusing my clutch (new manual driver....), i absolutely love it and am very excited about all the possibilities is has to offer.

This being my awakening moment to car enthusiasm, could someone please offer me things to read and consider? Anything good to know about Mazda 3s manual? What kind of maintenance should i start to be aware of, and proactive awarness I should develop? I know virtually nothing and im dying to learn it all.

What kind of upgrades can i consider in the future? What should i consider, and could i even consider big engine upgrades? Until now i had little interest in sport cars, but now that i drive manual on a mazda, i'd put turbo on it in the blink of an eye, if i could (.....Actually, is that even possible???)

Very excited! Especially since all i drove before was a 04 Corolla and Echo automatic!

Just yesterday i got my black Mazda 3, 2006 hatch (97 k), MANUAL, with many of the cosmetic upgrades (sunroof, leather interior). Other than abusing my clutch (new manual driver....), i absolutely love it and am very excited about all the possibilities is has to offer.

This being my awakening moment to car enthusiasm, could someone please offer me things to read and consider? Anything good to know about Mazda 3s manual? What kind of maintenance should i start to be aware of, and proactive awarness I should develop? I know virtually nothing and im dying to learn it all.

What kind of upgrades can i consider in the future? What should i consider, and could i even consider big engine upgrades? Until now i had little interest in sport cars, but now that i drive manual on a mazda, i'd put turbo on it in the blink of an eye, if i could (.....Actually, is that even possible???)

Welcome and congrats! Yes there are turbo kits available for na3's. Without doing a turbo, it is my understanding that with a header and exhaust, plus intake upgrade will net about 25 to 40 hp. Balance shaft delete gets another handfull or so. Probably not going to make a bunch of power. Suspension and chassis upgrades will give some big benefits. Lots of stuff to make the car your own. Good luck!

congrats on the new car man! i would definitely start with an oil change and new spark plugs! (make sure you use full synthetic, only the good stuff hehe)

theres soooooooo much you can do to the car appearance or performance it really depends wich way u wanna go with it! performance wise i would start with a tb ground or some kind of grounding kit, intake, exhaust, then a header, that will get you a niiiiiice boost in power as hat said. i would definitely get it tinted also, black on black always looks good! got any pics?

once again, welcome and congrats!

Yes there are turbo kits available for na3's.

Good to hear, for a while i thought maybe it was the Subarus that get all the hyped up fun, bells and whistles. By the sounds of there's so many choices in addition to that.

performance wise i would start with a tb ground or some kind of grounding kit, intake, exhaust, then a header, that will get you a niiiiiice boost in power as hat said

Any place i can read about all that? Costs, changes to performance, sound of the engine? The car feels incredible compared to what i was driving before, but honestly if i can bring it up to another level, I'd love to know about it.

make sure you use full synthetic, only the good stuff hehe

We got the car's lifetime agreement for synthetic oil changes at the place we bough it.

i would definitely get it tinted also, black on black always looks good! got any pics?

Agreed, that was really the only upgrade that was missing on the car when i bought it, the windows are not currently tinted and i've been looking forward to getting that done. The add is still online, check it out (also came with a stereo upgrade and 6 cd changer, as if was not enough up to that point):
http://www.autotrader.ca/used_cars_...05&cofid=ON20071217112854656&prv=Ontario&r=40
(the add says it's automatic, don't know how they could screw that up, it's manual)

once again, welcome and congrats!

Thanks, this really felt like a great decision the moment i made it, and i did a total 180 a couple days before the purchase by insisting on learning manual. No regrets so far. Never thought I was a car enthusiast, until this came along, it's great.

Last edited:
welcome!
im not much about the performance aspect, so i'll throw some appearance stuff at ya

first things first id get those horrible stock rims off there and put on some aftermarket wheels (stainless w/ black accent maybe?) and tint. id probably get a stubby antenna, and perhaps lamin-x the lights, maybe even some HID lamps for extra brightness!

theres a lot of great stuff on the forums, and a lotta people with a lot of knowledge, so have fun!

Congrats on the purchase. I know how you feel. Got mine a couple weeks ago and I love the 3.(drinks)

good purchase, car has lots of potential, mine had the injen cai, magnaflow exhaust had resonator remove from it sounded awsome, tien s-tech springs, gt spec upper front and rear strut bars and eibach sway bars, 18x8 45 offset hp racin wheel 225/40/18 nitto tires, exedy stage 2 clutch twm short shifter rx8 shift knob. again congrates and
welcome to the forums the search feature and on here is a wonderful way to find all your lookin for good luck with the modding it can get addictive

Ant one of the authorized dealers on our forum will have about every thing you need. If you have questions there is always someone that has been there and done that, just post em up. My 06 is still stock, I will be doing suspension mods first, lower and better cornering!(headbang)

Nice guys, this really is the place, isn't it.

good purchase, car has lots of potential, mine had the injen cai, magnaflow exhaust had resonator remove from it sounded awsome, tien s-tech springs, gt spec upper front and rear strut bars and eibach sway bars, 18x8 45 offset hp racin wheel 225/40/18 nitto tires, exedy stage 2 clutch twm short shifter rx8 shift knob. again congrates and
welcome to the forums the search feature and on here is a wonderful way to find all your lookin for good luck with the modding it can get addictive
Whoa, looks like you just did everything possible to it, amazing to see so many possibilities.

Now then, i'm interested to hear your response on this, see, the thing is, having driven automatic toyotas for the past 12 years I've had no need and absolutely no interest to do anything to them (obviously, right), much less even pop open the hood. My impression is, modding has to be done yourself, doesn't it? Cause if so, i'm a little intimidated by the idea. I guess you can always find a place, but then you're getting billed for more labour than anyone would care for. Like, seriously, i don't even know what "NA Power" even means, and couldn't find it on google, haha. Which, of course, sucks, and i shouldn't even be laughing.

None of my buddies are up into car modding, much less anything with cars, so i can't even discuss the basics with anyone in person. I know one guy, but he's the biggest patronizing ass i have ever met. ;p

So yeah, I need to do alot of reading and figure out if I have any serious barriers, cause i'd like to do what i can about them.

NA = Naturally Aspirated (all motor, bolt on parts, ect.)
FI = Force Inducted (turbo or supercharged)

Diomedes the biggest thing about the whole tuning and modding thing is ya cant be scared to just do it. And theres some super smart people on the forums to ask about pretty much anything. Im just gettin started with my 3. But cars take time and alot of patience. Good luck!

post your location, there might be some mazda guys on here that stay in your area that would be willin to meet up with you and for a little beer & food possibly help with the install, i know around here in houston you say free beer you got an install meet goin on...

Good idea, and if beer is the incentive, I've got lots of it... You just can't go near my specialty Belgian darks in the cellar.

Markham, Ontario is where I'm at, not far off from toronto. Lemme know if you want to be teaching someone how to pop open the hood. :/
well, seriously speaking, though, I'd want to know basic maintenance, appearance upgrades and performance upgrades.

scroll down to the regional section of the forum, there's a canada section, looks like alot goin on there post there see wuts up and good luck...

scroll down to the regional section of the forum, there's a canada section, looks like alot goin on there post there see wuts up and good luck...

Nice, i'll do that. Thanks for pointing that out.

So, I'm lookin to get those windows tinted this, any thoughts on how dark I should go? Pros and cons? Suggestions and experience? Or is if just preference? (mines the black Mazda hatch, in case anyone forgot the prev page)

i got 20% all the way around (except the windhshield) and it looks very nice, it aint pitch black to where you cant see in, but for the most part you cant tell whats going on in the car. i wouldnt go darker than 20% because then you risk the chance of not being able to see anything when reversing at night time!

Back