Just got back from my 'post flash' dyno..... guess my numbers...

BTW as you can see you dont actually gain horsepower in the long run on your car...... you just gain it in the areas we care about :)

I am no expert but your A/F ratio should be steady. I am putting a link just to show you what the A/F should look like. I am No expert. Please do not flame me I am the first one to say I could be wrong. I am not getting the flash I have ordered the Greddy E manage and that way you can program it to where that A/F will be steady. I think you should be very careful upping the boost when your runnig with that Flash.

http://www.80tq.com/Dyno0903.html

Pkay said:
BTW as you can see you dont actually gain horsepower in the long run on your car...... you just gain it in the areas we care about :)

If you are getting 155hp to the wheels and we lose 15% through the drive train, then crank hp is approx. 180. Looks like you have more peak hp than claimed stock. Not sure if that is from the flash, or margin of error.

orangezoom said:
I am no expert but your A/F ratio should be steady. I am putting a link just to show you what the A/F should look like. I am No expert. Please do not flame me I am the first one to say I could be wrong. I am not getting the flash I have ordered the Greddy E manage and that way you can program it to where that A/F will be steady. I think you should be very careful upping the boost when your runnig with that Flash.

you're right man.... no need to say that in a reserved manner..... we deal with this s*** on our rx7 all the time... the AF ratio SHOULD be steady..... but to be honest MOST people will be fine with the flash and not have to worry about needing a power FC for quite a long time. I don't plan to get one until I'm over 200hp. That's a little ways off.

In the meantime it's in my best intrest and in the best intrest of many others to get the flash and worry about the power FC much later..... it'll help you now I"m sure but isn't a MUST for a while

Cool, I thought so just checking because the guy tuning my car told me not to get the flash he already has the wiring diagram for the injectors and is waiting for my exhaust and hardpiping to come in and then we are going to hook up the lap top and take it to the dyno.

Fakhelek said:
If you are getting 155hp to the wheels and we lose 15% through the drive train, then crank hp is approx. 180. Looks like you have more peak hp than claimed stock. Not sure if that is from the flash, or margin of error.

i meant that looking at chojins you can see you don't gain a shitload of HP overall..... i mean like 4hp or so yes but it's not that our cars are just 10 times more powerfull... its that the power is in the right spot.

I also have an injen CAI which should add around 10hp if im not mistaken

orangezoom said:
Cool, I thought so just checking because the guy tuning my car told me not to get the flash he already has the wiring diagram for the injectors and is waiting for my exhaust and hardpiping to come in and then we are going to hook up the lap top and take it to the dyno.

are you getting intercooler hardpiping?

Not bad...My car is right about there and the FP Protege is pulling more horsepower and more torque at 6psi plus exhaust.

I'm at 5.5 psi, or so.

orangezoom said:

good luck, i hope you can get it to work

Back