just got a new ride =P

Dr0

:
03 Black Mica MSP
Even though it was really difficult to see my MSP go, I moved on to bigger and better and well.. in all honesty im extremely happy to say that im now rollin in a 06 speed 6 GT

[/URL
This is a pic of my poor MSP after the accident

Picked it up in des Moines, IA on the 19th.

[URL=http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/pyroeboy91/media/Likeabaws_zps94a01602.jpg.html]

Heres the details

very immaculate inside and out
a few exterior imperfections here and there obviously

guy said it was garaged 98% of the time throughout the 4 years he owned it and id say I believe him since he showed me every imperfection on the exterior before we made a deal which I really took as a kind gesture bc honestly I have come across any other flaws in time that ive owned it.

[/URL

the only downside is that my Transfer case is leaking and the car will sometimes have a difficult time starting after a cold soak (might be fuel pressure issue, I haven't looked into it too much)
also when the car is started after a cold soak sometimes it will throw a p0300 on initial startups only (the two may very well be related)

MODS

Cobb Rear MM
Cobb SF Intake
Cobb TIH
Cobb Accessport v2 with Stage 1 91 Octane map
Magna Flow CBE
Eibach lowering springs (not sure on the ride height change but it sits good)
Billstien shocks at all 4 corners

And...

AWR Trans MM (I installed recently)

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS

Overall Feel-

PROS

the AWD is extremely fun, burning rubber is a thing of the past! and last week I took this thing on a small curvy gravel road and OMFG I had loads of fun (surprisingly bc I usually cringe when I hit gravel in a sporty car haha!) I wont be doing this sort of venture often either obviously but I will gladly take a hit in mpg for a unique AWD sport sedan

I absolutely love the styling of the car, I have always wanted one since I first heard about them and this thing is def quiet the package (a better package then the MSP for sure albeit its got its got weak points just like any other car).

The car handles fantastic, even though it does throw its weight around a lil (coming from a MSP the heavier feel of the wheel and the extra weight of the car was a bit offsetting at first)

The power is a night and day difference compared to the MSP and that extra pep always puts a smile on my face

The brakes are solid and perform pretty damn well at stopping this tank, even though the brakes are about due to be replaced they still work great!

The clutch is kind of annoying to get used to since its literally an on/off switch and coming from the MSP that kinda threw me off. ( keep in mind these are initial impressions of the car)

CONS

The 2.3 disi plus the little k04 mate well together (under optimal conditions of course) but I really don't care for the factory tuning... even with the cobb ap its still pretty apparent ( yeah... Ill get right on setting up a better tune for it!!)

The DBW (drive by wire) system is annoying, and it makes learning the feel of the clutch a little harder since it kinda numbs out the gas pedal sensitivity

Gas mileage sucks wang (21-23) and it def adds more to the gas prices but I keep convincing myself to stop comparing everything in this car to my MSP which makes me feel better haha!

ALL AND ALL

Fantastic car
great buy (impulse buy... deal was done in 1 hour!)
Needs some TLC but I have a shop at my disposal and I take pride in tearing this beast apart in a sense that im always learing more about these Mazdaspeed sex machines (but seriously the car will get you laid... haha)

BYE BYE MSP! YOU WILL BE MISSED
[URL=http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/pyroeboy91/media/parkinglot_zpsb3e490d6.png.html]

Nice buy man, its deferentially worth it. I got my 06 Speed6 last week and so far I can agree with everything you are saying. To date this is the most power fully car I have driven, the AWD does seem to take a little of the acceleration feel when launching the car, but once you get going and you push it, it responds!
I am coming from a 4dr 96 Civic 5spd, and the clutch does feel completely different. It took me a day or two to get used to the clutch I honestly didn't know it was because it was a drive by wire.

I think the mpgs is the only thing I will miss from the civic, but once I think about it and factor in 275hp Turbo + AWD its not bad compared to other N/A and turbo AWD cars in the market..

Join MSF.org and get an e-tune from one of the guys on there, will really wake the car up then with a custom tune thru your AP!

Join MSF.org and get an e-tune from one of the guys on there, will really wake the car up then with a custom tune thru your AP!

What are the other benefits of the e-tune besides adding more power?

The mfs.org website is that supposed to be another forum? because it brings up a medical website http://www.msf.org/. lol

Last edited:
well I im running stock tune atm, just sent out my ap to be updated by COBB bc it was so out of date that the manager couldn't even update it anymore and it couldn't make a connection with the car through the dlc.

but yeah im getting pump internals in a couple days and ill prob get my ap back around the same time, cant wait to actually have some steady pressure readings!

when I get the money I plan on going with a FMIC+ssqv recirc and finish it off with a Corksport divorced DP and a custom test pipe section to liven up the beast! ill prob end up tuning myself though... I think its a lot more rewarding when you do it yourself, plus if I get good enough I could offer basic COBB tuning at work (which I would love but it wont happen bc we don't have a dyno haha...... yet)

Nice buy man, its deferentially worth it. I got my 06 Speed6 last week and so far I can agree with everything you are saying. To date this is the most power fully car I have driven, the AWD does seem to take a little of the acceleration feel when launching the car, but once you get going and you push it, it responds!
I am coming from a 4dr 96 Civic 5spd, and the clutch does feel completely different. It took me a day or two to get used to the clutch I honestly didn't know it was because it was a drive by wire. I think the mpgs is the only thing I will miss from the civic, but once I think about it and factor in 275hp Turbo + AWD its not bad compared to other N/A and turbo AWD cars in the market..

Basically the only reason I say that is bc Drive by wire isn't as quick to respond as a traditional cable, that plus the clutch engages a little higher then other cars ive driven and when your not used to how the pressure plate picks the pedal up really quick.

so you do the math Numbed throttle response+ a clutch that feels like a on/off switch = a pain when your used to a lighter PP + a cable driven

capeech'

What are the other benefits of the e-tune besides adding more power?

The mfs.org website is that supposed to be another forum? because it brings up a medical website http://www.msf.org/. lol

MSF = mazda speed forums. The OTS maps from Cobb are kind of generic run of the mill one size fits all, Work well with some, not well with others. With some data logs, one of the E-tuners will be able to dial in specifics for your can and unlock some hidden power while also helping the car run more efficient and smoother thru MAF calibrations and Wastegate Duty tables and such just for example, as well as possibly better MPG's. There's alot of hidden potential in these motors the can opened up thru the ECU by a tune with an Accessport.

Back